Occasional Boot Cycling Problem

Last Updated:

1. kspenn11

kspenn11 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I wish my first post could have been something more cheerful! :/

Anyways, my Droid is rooted and running bb with the 1.1 gHz LV rom. Whenever I try to boot it up, it takes about 5 - 10 tries. It shows the M, then goes on to my boot animation. About halfway through usually it freezes, turns off, and repeats the process. Eventually it will finally boot up.

I have tried using different boot animations. Didn't help. (However one of the boots would never show up, and it would cause the DROID to start pretty quickly. ;) )

Does anyone know what is causing the cycling?
    Voltage too low? CPU too high? Bad bootanimation? My own stupidity?

Thanks In Advance!
    -Keith

Advertisement
  2. RaFF_MyZZteR

RaFF_MyZZteR Active Member

I'm not too knowledgeable about this stuff but from what I've seen with my own phone...seems like your phone isn't liking your kernel. Try out a different kernel...maybe P3 or Chevy's. Then if it doesn't help anything running it at the same speed then go lower and see how it works. With each phone it's more of a trial and error.

3. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

2.2 or 2.1 ROM?
    I would start at the kernel. Maybe to high, maybe phone doesn't like voltage.
    If you are running 2.2 BB, it could be the ROM as it was for me.
    Highly variable, but I would start at the kernel and let us know how this came about all of the sudden.