Occasional duplicate events on calendarGeneral

1. Extodus

Extodus Active Member

Sometimes my events are duplicated on the calendar and I have to delete one. I didn't create the event twice, and the duplicate doesn't appear right after creation of the original entry. Sometimes it appears later on, days after. What causes this?

Advertisement
  2. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

When you add the event to your calendar have you scrolled down to the repetition option? If its a one time event then make sure you do not something different picked. This is the only thing I can think of. Use my calendar all the time and have never had an event duplicate itself.
  3. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

I occasionally get duplicates as well. Don't know what causes it either. I never use repeating events, so I know it's not that.

There's like no rhyme or reason to it. It happens so randomly. Only thing I can think is maybe it's some sort of sync bug where the phone thinks it hasn't synced an entry and adds it a second time.
  4. Mark16q

Mark16q Well-Known Member

I've been having the same thing with a few contacts from Outlook. there were at least 5 copies of the same contact in a few cases. I had to delete them all, do a "repair" sync with HTC and finally got rid of them.
  5. Extodus

Extodus Active Member

I'm not doing repetition events, I mean duplicates of the same event on the same day only.

Mine mostly seems to occur with all day events also.
  6. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue...but I had several phones syncing multiple ways...

Started with desktop outlook-->synced to my eris--> synced to my laptop, which had my gmail sync program on it

the desk top also had the sync program on it, but it was defaulted with my girlfriends gmail so that her gmail and phone synced with my desktop..and then I could sync my phone with desktop or laptop, and then gmail and all calendars would be together...

We I ended up with 3 events for each event...

So I wiped all calendars out, fixed the desktop outlook calendar, synced my phone with it, and put the gmail synce on for defaulting to my girlfriends gmail, and occaisionally mine...and havent had any duplicates since. seems to be working now for a couple weeks.
  7. Extodus

Extodus Active Member

I don't use any other syncing other than the standard Phone <> Google.

I create an event. The event shows up fine in the calendar on the phone. Some time later when I'm checking the calendar on the phone, the event is duplicated. It doesn't happen all the time, and it seems to happen mostly with All Day Events.
  8. OhBe1

OhBe1 Well-Known Member

This happens in my calendar as well. I haven't noticed that All Day Events are duplicated more than others, but it does seem to be random. I have an Agenda Widget on my main screen, but I believe my duplicates are also in the calendar itself. I don't really have a solution, just sympathy for your annoyance!
  9. lanestevens

lanestevens New Member

I have the same issue. It only occurs when I create the event on my phone. Never happens when I create the event through the browser. Sometimes one duplicate. The last event I created was duplicated twice for a total of three events. This is annoying.
  10. ebarb

ebarb New Member

I experience continual problems with the calendar on my Droid. It duplicates events, creates random events and deletes events. I do not trust using this calendar (via Gmail). Does anyone else experience these issues? Are there other calendars you recommend using? SO FRUSTRATING as this was why I went to a smartphone.
  11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Do you have your calendar syncing with anything else or *just* Google calendar?