Occasional incoming mail failureSupport

Last Updated:

1. damokay

damokay Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I've had the G1 a couple of weeks and love it! Everything is working really well although I have one small niggle which I can't sort out:

Occasionally my incoming emails stop arriving. If I go into the account settings and open the Incoming Mail settings page then click Next, the app force closes. If I then go back into the Incoming Mail settings and tap Next again it successfully checks the settings and I will start receiving emails again.

The only thing I have noticed that may be of help is that this tends to happen when the phone has switched from 3g to wireless or vice versa.

Any help or ideas would be very appreciated!

Cheers
    Damo

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I assume you mean when you say: "when the phone has switched from 3g to wireless or vice versa." you mean from 3G > WiFi > 3G ?

One thing i have had when I had wifi ... is my push mail from yahoo did not work all the time .. ??? as to why .. Router, service provider ????

I know this wasn't much help ... but lets you know it is not a one-off and to clarify what you meant by switching for 3G to wireless ( 3G is one of the wireless networks ) others are wifi, gprs, and edge ...

3. damokay

damokay Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, that is what I meant.. sorry.

To clarify, when my phone has switched from 3G to WiFi (i.e. when I walk into my house) or from WiFi to 3G is when the problem seems to occur. As I said, it's not a huge problem to me but I just wondered if anyone else had encountered it?

Damo