occasional market updates issue..

Last Updated:

1. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Every so often when I'm updating applications from the market, they fail to install after downloadIng completely. I install them again and it works, but the initial update doesn't work. Why is it doing this? The download location? I do have a sd card in the incredible from my previous phone, the droid, would that be the problem? What can I do to update apps without having to worry about redoing each failed install?

*** oh, and I'm not rooted. Should this thread be moved? I am running froyo 2.2 version from droid world.

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I don't know why this happens. I wish it would stop. It is such an annoyance. What you can do is go into your file manager and look in the /download directory. There you will find the .apk files that have downloaded. They will not have their normal names but if you look at the icons you can figure out what files are what. If you are not sure if a file is the one you just downloaded, look at the file date. All you have to do is select the .apk in the file manager to install it.

3. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member

Mine does this too and its real annoying. I think it's something on Google's end. It only started happening recently.

4. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is this a problem on all androids, or just the incredible market?