1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

October UpdateGeneral

1. korean1

korean1 Member

So i get a text from Verizon stating that my recent tech issues (4g issues we all have been experiencing.) will be resolved from a Software update coming at the end of October.
    Sounds promising...?

Advertisement
    doogald likes this.
  2. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

it could be, there has been alot of controversy so im sure they will push something worth while.
  3. ysuboy

ysuboy Member

that would be awesome. since screwing around with my phone and tweaking it a little I am starting to enjoy it more and more. About time, since I bought it the day it came out I regretted it because of the issues it has. That is my last sta-fu with the phone. get that fixed and I will be a happy camper!
  4. Paraflier

Paraflier Well-Known Member

Verizon just texted you? I want one! Lol. Did they say when in Oct? Or just sometime in October?
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It seems reasonable to me, based on Motorola's stated intentions and all of the leaks. That said, it's probably best to assume that it's coming on October 31, so at best Verizon can under-promise and over-deliver for once with this phone.
  6. Paraflier

Well I checked my magic 8 ball, and got a second opinion with the Ouija board, and we all think Oct 19.
    x026092 likes this.
  7. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I haven't had any 4G issues in almost five months....
  8. charlie310

charlie310 Well-Known Member

I'm running .232, and it's been running better. It's still a POS: headphone buzzing, phone crashes occasionally, and some glitches are still present. But I have not had any big issues w/LTE etc. The rare LTE issues I'm having seem to be caused by the network, not the phone.
  9. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

That's way more scientific then what Motofail uses. You should make it into an app and sell it to them.
  10. HotPepper

HotPepper Well-Known Member

If were on 232 do we still get the upgrade memo?
  11. Paraflier

Not sure.... I'm stock with root, and I didn't get a memo... maybe OP has history with complaining to Verizon enough to get on "The List". :D
  12. johnrigu

johnrigu Well-Known Member

I'm on android version 2.3.4 and system version 5.9.905.XT875
    I'm rooted. will I still get the upgrade notification and will I be able to upgrade without un-rooting?
    Also does anyone know how I can fix my GPS location problem? When I use navigation it can take 5 minutes or more for it to fix on the area.
  13. DDave

DDave Well-Known Member

Notice how all the other phones/tablets are getting very timely updates yet the Bionic is not???

In the famous words of Charlie Brown..

"I got a rock".

Attached Files:

CKwik240 likes this.
  14. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

This made me lulz greatly... I wish this was the case! Most other phones and tablets from this same time period are in the same boat... "The update is coming soon" is kinda the theme, irregardless of manufacturer.
  15. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

You need to be on 905 with all stock files in place to pass the system checks that the OTA will go through. If you're on 232 you need to go back to 905 if you want the OTA. If you're on 905 but rooted, rooting alone usually won't block the update. If you rooted and moved around or deleted some system files, the update will notice that and probably not work.

Also, I haven't checked thoroughly, but I don't see any Android news sites mentioning this text/announcement that OP got....
  16. Paraflier

Also... make sure if anything is frozen, thaw it out to get the OTA...
  17. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

For accuracy ... both of these should be prefeced with ...

"Since the OTA has not been released yet ... none knows for sure. Based on past OTAs it seems highly likely that ..."

... Thom
  18. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member