Odd behavior with contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched the threads and haven't found anything like this.

All of my contacts in the phone sync up correctly with Google. No problems there.
    What is odd however is that if there are multiple numbers stored under a single name, if a call comes in that is not the first number in the list, the contact name is not shown on the screen, only the number.

Example:

Name: First Last
    Home: 333-555-1212
    Mobile: 333-999-2121

If a call comes in from the home number, the contact name is shown on the screen.

If the call comes in from the mobile number, only the number is shown and the contact name is never displayed.

This has been happening from day one, long before rooting and installing custom roms and it continues to occur no matter what rom I have running.

I've tried deleting and recreating the contacts, but this does not help.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there possibly a fix? It's a minor problem, but kind of annoying.

Advertisement
  2. Fbomb!

Fbomb! Well-Known Member

I have this problem too...But not all the time. Also, I synched my contacts and saw that my "home" contact was missing from the people app. Then I got a call from home and "home" just appeared out of nowhere.

3. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Bumping this thread up because I just switched from the Hero to the Evo and exact same situation occurs on this phone as well.

No one has any idea why this might be happening?