• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Odd behavoir from Z990 Avail

GoNavy

Feb 26, 2012
Hey all new to forum, and new to android as well as smartphones in general. Love this Avail. Only problem is I spent so much time goofy with it the other day when I finally looked up my eye sight was all knids of screwed up, took forever to straighten up...lol...but here is my question, being new to android taking some time to get us to it going to auto sleep all the time and having to hit the power button and slide the unlock ever time, but lately I have been able to just hit the menu button on the left (group of three on bottom of phone) and it comes out of sleep mde and I can slide the unlock. Only works this way patriotically. I didn't find anywhere that says it is suppose to do this, is my phone just weird, wish I could just bypass the unlock completely. My phone is never in my pocket so butt dialing is not a possibility. Anyone else notice this behavior or know how to stop with the unlock deal. Thanks

So all day long now I have been using the menu button to come out of sleep mode then slide the unlock to use the phone...hhmmm...only thing I can think of is as soon as I got the phone I went to settings and did the AT&T update, maybe this action is a firmware update. Hope it stays that way, much easier to hit the menu button instead of the tiny power button, also can pick it up and do it one handed with my thumb. Anyone else get their phone to come out of sleep using the menu button instead of the power...just curious.

Upvote 0
Ok I don't know if this phone is just buggy or what, but today...menu button coming out of sleep mode is back...jeez..I'm afraid to turn the phone off, it may quite doing it again and I really like using the menu to come out of sleep. Anyone find out yet if this was included in the last upgrade or is it just my phone.

Upvote 0
bump

just wanted to bump this again to see if any body else gets their phone to come out of sleep mode with out hitting the power button. Been pretty consistent now for the last several days, usually after the phone has been on awhile I can use any of the three buttons at the bottom of the screen to bring it out of sleep to the unlock screen. This has to be part of the AT&T update.

Upvote 0
OK here is another update,..I am doing some research using my badass battery monitor app and I think what is happening is my phone is never going to sleep, hence why I can use any button to take me to the unlock screen. BBM shows held awake time is very high, so under app usage by held awake time it showed AT&T Mobile care basically holds awake the entire time the phone is on. Went to the AT&T Mobile Care file and it shows wakelock in the details under processes. This app came with the phone, do I really need this file, or can I uninstall it, if it will let me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones