Odd Bluetooth behaviour

Last Updated:

1. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my Hero paired with my Parrot CK3000 car kit using BT handsfree profile. I have recently had some odd things happen, some bad, some good, and I really need some help from you whizz kids in understanding and sorting them out, if possible please.

1 First a big problem.

There is now a delay of 15 or 20 seconds before the handfree cuts in when making or receiving a call. I am normally on the 5th or 6th ring of a call I am making. The real problem is receiving calls, when I answer the other caller can't hear me for about 20 seconds so they usually hang up.

Any idea what may be causing this please and how I can fix it.

2 Second a surprise.

The Hero does not have OPP BT profile does it? So it can't push my contacts from the Hero to store them on the Parrot. I accepted that and lived with it since I had the Hero - there were definately no contacts stored in the Parrot. And yet on Monday I switched it on and suddenly they were there, and I used them and they worked.

So how did it manage that without OPP? Or is it magic??

3 Third a surprise but now its gone.

The Parrot does not support A2DP BT profile, although the Hero does. So it was OK for using for handsfree phone calls, but it was never able to stream music, or, more importantly, my sat nav instructions and warnings. Again I lived with that because I assumed that these came through A2DP on the Hero so the Parrot could not pick them up. Not too much of a problem because I can just about hear the sat nav on the loudspeaker and I can use my car's audio system for music.

However suddenly half way through a journey the sat nav instructions started coming through the car audio. And I switched on the music and that was coming through the speakers too. I could tell it was not using the A2DP BT profile because it was mono and not very good quality - so using the handsfree profile. However at the end of the journey I tried it again and it was gone.

So final question. Is there a way i can get sounds that come through from the Hero usually using A2DP profile to do so on handsfree profile instead. There must be because I accidently did it before, I just want to know how I can do it again please. I know it used to be possible on WM because I had a little app (BTMusic) that did it, but obviously that is no good for Android. Any ideas geatfully received

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement
  2. peterc10

Bump bump

3. tojjer

tojjer Well-Known Member

I got problems too. Got my Hero paired with a Parrot MK6000. Since having the Parrot put in the car, the radio turns itself on and off randomly, the presets on the radio work occasionally and the bluetooth switches on and off.
    Weird. Think mine is more down to a short or faulty Parrot system. Had it checked at the garage that fitted it and they can't find a problem

4. peterc10

Tojjer

thanks for your help. My radio and CD changer works fine, so I don't think it is the same problem. Sounds like your Parrot is either faulty or they have wired it up wrong. There is no such thing as standard ISO wiring blocks - different car makers wire them differently