Odd Captivate Notification Sound?Support

Last Updated:

1. RonH54

RonH54 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to Captivate phone. A time or 2 my phone has rung a "Standard phone ring". One time it rang just once another time it Rang and Rang but I never saw any type of Notification as what this was. It not my Default Ringtone for anything. Both times it has happened I have had my phone plugged into my computer.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

when your phone is plugged in the computer and mounted it will not access anything on your sd card. So it'll ring the standard ringtone.

RonH54 likes this.
  3. Alli_Anne_BB

Alli_Anne_BB Active Member

My Captivate does this when I first turn on my phone after powering off, for my notification ringtone. Not sure why it does this.. do you think it has something to do with the fact that my notification tone is on a soundboard I dled?

4. nolen007

nolen007 Member

It will also make a ring when it reaches 100% charge. If it is plugged up to your computer it may be reaching 100% charge.

5. RonH54

RonH54 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I figured out when I got the "Single" ring it was that I had new email, I had somehow changed it. The "constant" ring was probably Battery charge or like was posted the phone didn't have access to some file it needed and did it.