Odd GPS Issue

Last Updated:

1. JPForth

JPForth New Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings all. Anyone had issues with the GPS location? Today, my Droid travelled around the world in 2 hours. I work in Arizona, Maps said I was in Bogota, Columbia, Beverly Hills, CA and other various sites.

Just curious if anyone else had see this...

Advertisement
  2. anderson.mcdaniel

anderson.mcdaniel Active Member

Every once in awhile, I'll wake up and check the weather and it will say I'm in minnesota, or arizona, wherever. I think its a known issue, but if you turn off gps and turn it back on, it will be correct. At least it always has for me.

3. cavitating

cavitating Active Member

My GPS has been off a bit, placing me about 1/2 mile away from where I am and the arrow pointing in random locations. I also went to Google Sky and it had everything off by 90 degrees or so (North was west, west was south, etc.)

4. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

If you are not moving, do a figure 8 over your head with the Droid. That will tighten your reading and azimuth. It really works not a joke. It is referrencing.

5. Source

Source Member

every now and then when im using GPS, maps will tell me to go straight on a road, then take a jugg handle and make a right which is all cases is the same as going straight.

i love the app, but it's got its quirks.

6. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

I just had an issue this morning, and I wonder if the GPS was the culprit...

I use my phone for my alarm every day, and this morning after I hit 'dismiss' my clock immediately changed from 5:30 to 4:30. I have no idea why this happened, it did not right itself until I rebooted the phone.

Now, for the past couple of days I have been leaving the GPS enabled, but in the past I always had it turned off unless I was using it. Would the GPS get out-of-whack over night, and affect the clock? I thought the time was pulled from the cell network, but who knows?