odd handcent notification thingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Zimpo

Zimpo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I grabbed handcent the other day and love it. I've been using it in place of the stock messaging app.

I was playing around with the settings, getting things customized the way I wanted to, and messaging one person during this. Well now, anytime she messages me I have a red icon in the status bar in the top left, but everyone else is purple. I only see notification settings when I'm on the list and not in a particular conversation - when I'm in a particular convo and hit the menu button I don't see any settings specific for a single conversation.

Am I just completely missing something in the settings somewhere that sets the notification for a single person vs. all people? I would like them to be consistent.

And on the note of messaging apps, is there a way for me to place the handcent icon where the messaging app icon is now on the fascinate?

Advertisement
  2. Zimpo

Ok, I figured out the notification thing! When in a particular chat with a person, there's the icon to the right side of their name. Clicking that allows you to personalize things for that particular contact. I hit reset and now all is right with the world.

On the other note, I'm assuming that without a launcher like adw, etc, I cannot modify the Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Applications icons at the bottom?

3. Zimpo

Ok, I figured that one out too. In the applications menu, click the gear in the top left, and it allows you to move things down to the bottom bar as well as off of it. Nice.

4. Jacki1008

Jacki1008 Well-Known Member

Lol. Good work, Zimpo. You answered all your own questions.

5. Zimpo

Haha, thanks... I got impatient and used my amazing google-fu to find the answers.