Odd issue when sending a text messageSupport

Last Updated:

1. friend088

friend088 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When sending a text message, I click on "new message," then type in the person's name.
    When I do, it will show the person's name and phone number more than 20+ times! It's actually doing this for every contact I have, but only when I'm searching for a name when I'm trying to send a text message.
    It doesn't affect my sending or receiving of messages, but it's a little annoying.

Just noticed that when I click on the "People" icon from home screen that some of my contact names are listed more than a dozen times!

Have no idea what has caused this.

Has this happened to anyone? If so, was there anything you could do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Advertisement
  2. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem on my Eris. Are your contacts backed up to Google?
    If so, you can go to the Google contacts on your computer and check to see if there are multiple entries. If there are, delete the duplicates and exit the site. Then delete your contacts from the phone and sync with google. All should be well after that. If they are not backed up I think the only thing you can do is delete the duplicates one by one.

3. friend088

friend088 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It was a facebook issue. I only use the HTC Sense version of FB now (uninstalled the Android market FB app). I cleared my contacts, then synced google contacts, then synced HTC Sense FB account.