Odd issue with people having the same phone number

Last Updated:

1. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday I was calling a friend's office and as I was hanging up, I noticed that it was not his name on the screen, but a co-worker of his who had the same number (also a friend of mine in my contacts). I had called from the contact page of one person, but the screen showed someone else.

Then today I was calling my wife at home and the screen was showing ME! Obviously that is my home number as well. The Droid seems to be easily confused here.

Now, when my wife is calling from home, I could see that it might show the call coming from me, but not when I call her directly. Very odd.

Advertisement
  2. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

My Windows Mobile 6.1 contacts screen did the same thing. I think it finds the first number in the book that matches and displays that.

-Matt

3. fortworthbret

fortworthbret Well-Known Member

My blackberry did the same thing.

That is why my entry in my phone is set as "me" instead of my name as my wife's name comes up first that way.

Yes I have myself in my phone, makes it much easier to send emails to myself, and/or give my contact to someone via BT/whatever.

As an aside, I ran google's synch with my BB, and I had my BB contacts on my droid before I turned around at the counter when I bought it.