Odd occurence with a blank text message!

1. Dreckly

Dreckly Member

Hi folks, i wonder if any one can shed any light on this?

I keep recieving a blank text message from an 'unknown' sender that is timed at 6.02pm on the 25th may. No matter how many times i delete this message i recieve a new one about once every couple of days.

Odd stuff!

Advertisement
  2. knightrider1978

knightrider1978 New Member

I get the same problem, just an anonymous text which appears to be either on the sim or memory card. Even after deletion, it'll be back in a day or so. Very odd!
  3. mr.hachi

mr.hachi Well-Known Member

I got one too, only the one mind and deleted it and not had it come back.
  4. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

Same here too. Everytime i switch my phone on there it is.
  5. marc 1975

marc 1975 Active Member

and me i get one now and then .. the 1st one though i could not delete!!! so i used a antivirus that cleared it!
  6. fast eddy

fast eddy Active Member

Same here!
  7. zedstar

zedstar Active Member

Same here
  8. zafonic

The plot thickens.
  9. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Answerphone message?
  10. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

This is very odd.. never happened to me but i don't understand what could be causing it... it makes no sense? What network are you guys on?
  11. zafonic

I'm on Orange.
  12. alanswalker

alanswalker Member

i get one of these when i switch on the phone, i think its only started to happen since i installed chomp sms.
  13. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

I get random blank texts, usuallyy quickly followed by genuine ones.

O2.
  14. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

What message app?
  15. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

Standard HTC.
  16. toadstools

toadstools Well-Known Member

I get it too..from ' anonymous' and blank..of on orange..we're not alone! Deletes ok but odd indeed!
  17. nicmel

nicmel Well-Known Member

I'm on Orange (UK) and I get this bug too.

It comes every few days or so, and it has the same date/time every time it arrives. It also always arrives with another (real) message. Using Handcent.
  18. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member

I'm on T-mobile (UK) and when anyone sends me a MMS i get it again the following day at about the same time! even though it's been deleted.

My Touch phone used to get the MMS every day for 30 days, the Desire seems to be only next day 1 time (fingers crossed for now)
  19. mr.hachi

mr.hachi Well-Known Member

Fotgot to add I'm on Orange, got the phone from CFW with Orange contract sim pack, unbranded phone but locked to orange.
  20. zedstar

zedstar Active Member

I'm on Orange
  21. masherthemash

masherthemash Active Member

Blank message here too dated 21/05 every time, from anonymous and usually after turning the phone on. I'm on orange too so looks like it could be to do with them judging by previous posts.

Very strange.

Using Handcent(not sure if I installed this on 21/05, could be why it dates the message as this date)
  22. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Are you 100% sure you don't have a message on your sim?
  23. masherthemash

masherthemash Active Member

Can't see anything obvious on the sim. Any idea where it would be or called?
  24. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Could be a SIM update that was never deleted.

In messages, you can view SIM messages and delete them. It's in the menu options
  25. nicmel

nicmel Well-Known Member

this could be it for me! I had a blank sim message from "anonymous" at the same time this message kept showing up (1.50am 22/5/10) Oddly enough that was the same time I received a message from my girlfriend, not sure what caused it to happen really.