Odd Popup.General

Last Updated:

1. Zilliano

Zilliano Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a popup when I opened up Handcent. The messages weren't showing up, only the contact name was, and...
    Well, it was a white bar. It had several buttons on it, that I sadly can't remember (I accidentally closed it out)

I think it had something facebook related on it, or 'currently reading'.

Or some shit like that. The more I think about it, the more I think I'm having a hallucination.

Defining properties- small white bar near the top of the screen, with an arrow pointing towards the contact's name (Like a speech bubble.)

What the hell was this thing?

Advertisement
  2. banjoramen

banjoramen New Member

If you long press and then release on the contacts picture from the handsent inbox a white bar comes up with 5 shortcuts for the contact(Call, View Contact Card, Send SMS, Send Email, View Facebook profile.) It also shows the Facebook status update above this white bar. You can get the same shortcut menu in Gmail app when viewing an email message by holding down the radio button(green if contact is online, white if offline) that is next the the senders name... It must be a new addition for 2.1 maybe? I'm sure that this menu is also available in other apps when you see a contacts name...

3. banjoramen

banjoramen New Member

Yes, this popup menu is also available with a long press on contacts picture from the People app....

4. Zilliano

Zilliano Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I see.

THANK YOU.
    So much.

I seriously thought I was going insane there. >_>

I've never thought to long-press on a contact's image before. I guess I accidentally did it.

5. x531x

x531x Well-Known Member

Lmao you take any ambien lately? Haha jk bro :) but thats definitely what it was... The popup menu where you can do certain things with the contact like look at there facebook and etc..

And to the other question yes it is avaible on other sms apps such as chomp.