• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Odd problem with text messages

kurtov

Lurker
Aug 17, 2012
Hello,

I have this weird problem and havnt been able to find anyone else with it online so far, but i hope someone here could help me.

The other day, all of a sudden, my phone stopped letting me type text messages. I can still receive them, i can select "quick texts" and send those, or send blank messages but when i tap the section that is supposed to bring up the keypad for typing, nothing happens. I won't vent to much about this problem, but its ****ing annoying.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello,

I have this weird problem and havnt been able to find anyone else with it online so far, but i hope someone here could help me.

The other day, all of a sudden, my phone stopped letting me type text messages. I can still receive them, i can select "quick texts" and send those, or send blank messages but when i tap the section that is supposed to bring up the keypad for typing, nothing happens. I won't vent to much about this problem, but its ****ing annoying.

Try to the download a third party messaging app first to see if that lets you send it. If it doesnt then i would do a factory reset.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Settings | Apps | All Apps | Messages [or Message store] ... click the app, and click Clear Data. You will lose all your previous messages (and, I suspect, preferences, signature, Quick Replies), but this is a simple way to flush out stuck and misbehaving apps (particularly the built-in ones you can't uninstall).

Well, it is not in settings, but you could always try the dreaded factory reset.
No, no, no. Don't use the atom bomb to kill a mosquito. If you don't know how to fix something, let's not advise people to factory reset the phone, okay?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones