Odd reboot issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. X82

X82 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've been using the HTC Desire Z for almost a week now. I used to own a G1, then an iPhone and a Blackberry. Now im back on android, I'm loving it. But today my phone did something very odd and slightly disturbing. While it was in my pocket it decided to reset itself. Ok fair enough. But when It loaded, it said there was a new sim card installed. It asked me to check the time and date, it then wanted to link my facebook contacts to twitter (which it had done perfectly before already) so it tried to link people TWICE. But more importantly, it decided to resend some txt messages out to people AGAIN, without my permission. Not everyone, just 4 people out of my 10 contacts. My girlfriend got sent over 30 messages in a few minutes, all of which I had sent her over a few days. More odd was the fact that even messages she sent me in the first place were being sent back to her as if I had sent them. This is the only glitch/error/issue I've had with the phone and Its knocked me for six. Does anyone know about this? I don't want this happening again. I've just had to text people telling them to ignore all my re-sent messages.

Advertisement
  2. HeBeGB

HeBeGB New Member

I've had the new sim card message too, just once about a week ago, the phone was about a week old at the time...although my phone isn't resetting....its just switching off randomly!

I'm not using facebook or twitter so didn't have the same symptoms or any repeated texts.

I had a poke around the battery compartment and found the sd card holder wasn't locked closed (although I thought it was, wonder if it worked itself loose). I'd imagine the sd card making intermittent contact could cause issues.

BUT, even with the sd card secure, I'm still getting the sudden power off's, until recently they had been while the phone was locked. i.e. unlock/power button suddenly became unresponsive and no LED's, but just happened to me while scrolling through a txt!

I'm about to have a look at the battery connections, perhaps theres some kind of residue from the manufacturing/packaging processes still on the contacts.

On the other hand, it could be some kind of app conflict, I've installed a fair few recently :eek:

3. X82

X82 New Member This Topic's Starter

I had the same problem with the phone the other night. This time it didn't reboot, it was under my pillow as my alarm clock. It was about 1am and I was trying to sleep. Then my fiance phoned me to tell me why am I sending her messages. She got like 60 in 5/10 minutes. Again, not only messages I sent her, but even ones she sent me I was bouncing back to her like i sent it. So I swapped it in the shop for a new one. So far so good, but the problem is random and was 3 days apart each time.