odd stock keyboard setting questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I keep going back and forth to swype/stock (can type so easily and fast on swype...but just HATE tap typing names into it, and hate when the "new world reminder pops up"...so for now..back to stock..

for you guys who can touch type FAST...what settings do u use

1) vibration on/off (i think i like it on...but when i type faster than it pulses it gets distracting

2) what is UP with the "check spelling before prediction"...what in heck does this do and is it good on or off

thanks

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

moving to the support section

3. DGRYAN1977

DGRYAN1977 Well-Known Member

I turn vibration off primarily to save battery.

I have text prediction turned off because I found it actually slowed me down.

It took me time to get used to the keyboard and sometimes I still make mistakes but for the most part, I can blaze on the keyboard!

4. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

I abandoned Swype since I found I wasn't using it to swype and I could do regular typing faster on the stock keyboard.

I also have anything to do with prediction and spell check turned off. In other words I have everything turned off in the Text Input section of the settings.

One thing I wish was quicker on the stock is the press and hold functions like the number over the letters.

And whatever mood I am in I turn haptic/vibration off and on.