Odd things happening with phone numbersSupport

Last Updated:

1. Malgiliath

Malgiliath Active Member This Topic's Starter

How come some of my contacts phone numbers are appearing all screwed up.
    In one part of the system they show up as 01######### etc, in another area they show up as 44######### but on Google they show up as 01 or +44 depending on the number but never without the + on the 44.

Mainly on the mobiles they will not dial even though I have just texted the same number as the contact shows up correctly. If I try to phone the contact from Contacts I get a number incorrect message but if I phone from the sms I can call them?

This has only happened since upgrading to 2.1 Orange carrier.

I am now considering the multi button press reset as opposed to the link in the phone settings.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

44 is the international code for the UK. So either should work. The difference is if you have +44 in front they will work anywhere in the world, not just the UK. You will however need the + in front of the 44 for them to work - that is the mobile's way of knowing you are using an international dialling code first.

Don't how you managed to end up with some and some - that will depend upon how you imported them into the phone in the first place.

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I think sometimes I've seen text messages come through with the +44 on them before, no idea why. So if you saved them from there that could explain it.

Also, to clarrify, +44 replaces only the 0, you keep the 1 in there. So don't mix that up if you're changing them.