• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odd things with the FRG22

DERIS12

May 6, 2010
So I stared running FRG22 about a week ago and have run into some random problems. When I bring my phone out of sleep none of the icons will apear on my screen for about 5-10 seconds. This happens quite a bit and it is wierd but livable.
The other problem is that the screen will become unusable when I bring the phone out of sleep.

I did not have these problems when I was running with 2.1 stock and was wondering if I was alone with these problems and if people had any suggestions.

thanks

Yea,

I have seen that too... It is a little annoying, but the phone seem to run much better than the 2.1 update did so I can live with it....

I also noticed that when you first come out of sleep, there is a 2-3 sec delay before the swipe to move to the right or left screen is active.... It only does it once and is fine until it sleeps again....

Upvote 0
I'd be willing to bet that you have a kernel with 125GHz as the minimum.
If you have SetCPU try increasing the min up to 250.
If no SetCPU, try flashing a kernel with 250 as the min.

And depending on the launcher -
ADW, try ADWSetting - System Preferences - System persistent
Launcher Pro, (I don't use it but I think you can lock the launcher into memory through the Preferences Menu.)

Upvote 0
No, it just resets your phone to how it was when you first bought it - no apps, no settings.

It does not change your system-related stuff, like OS, root, recovery, etc.

Thanks... I did tell the camera app to reset to default and that cleared up a couple of minor camera issues. So the wipe probably makes good sense overall... If it gets too annoying, I'll do it... Everything else is working great!!!

I lowered my minimum clock speed to 550, and max to 800 with the stock kernel. It's snappy at all times, and I'm still at 80% after like 11 hours.

Thanks, I have mine set to 250Mhz... I'll bump it up and see what happens....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones