• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Odd video copying issue

skopi

Lurker
Jan 29, 2013
I have a Galaxy. Android version 4.1.1.

I have taken mp4 videos on my phone.
I plug phone into laptop using USB cord.
I browse down to DCIM/Camera folder. Only JPEGs show up.
I have tried on both Windows 7 and XP machines. I verified in folder options (Windows Explorer) that I am not hiding operating system files and always showing extension, etc.

I go on phone into My Files and go to that same folder and clearly see the mp4 files along with the Jpgs.

Because I tried on separate PCs, I assume this is a setting on the phone? Why would they hide certain files?

Help?

You might try to search your phone's storage for "mp4" with a file manager like ES File Explorer.

BTW, I use ES to connect via WiFi to my PC and my network drive, they are shares on my home network.

More useful since with Jelly Bean phones and tablets lost their ability to connect as USB mass storage to the PC.
This issue might be also a reason because you won't properly see your phone's storage on PC.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones