• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Odd with my new N2's battery-am I just being paranoid?

JnEricsonx

Android Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2011
Got it, so far love it, just one thing. Charged it up to full around 11 PM Wed night, and as of around 6 PM or so on Thursday, it hadnt even gone down past 80, and this was counting watching a few episodes of Doctor Who, listening to music, going online some, etc. So, I was completely FLOORED, my old TBolt would have been dead well before 17 hours had past given everything I'd have done with it. Now, same thing today, left my house around 730 am, phone was in the low-mid 90s %, and again, watching some DW, went on internet, etc, etc. Nothing extra was on save cell data, and yet, by the time I'm writing this, less than 12 hours later, it was at about 57%. So...what am I missing. I mean, I think that Thursday I might have had screen brightness on middle, and today maybe at max-but could that alone do a extra 20%+ of power drain?

Addendum: Barely 15 odd minutes after I plugged the N2 into the wall, its up from 57 to, oh, about 75% So, yeah, WTF.

1) The battery probably isn't fully conditioned yet, so don't charge it until it's fully discharged - for about 3 cycles of discharge/charge.

2) If you were using wifi when you were at home, then used data when you were out, you were using a lot more battery when you were out. (The data radio uses more battery than the wifi radio.) Also, if you were using data and not near a tower, it uses a lot more battery than when you get a strong data signal.

Upvote 0
No, I was using the 4g both times. And wait, what do you mean 3 cycles of charge/discharge. Let it get low 3 times, and only when it gets low each time do I recharge it?

Discard the discharging of the battery. Discharging a lithium battery to extremely low levels before charging shortens the battery life expectancy. This was more relevant when dealing with nickel metal hydride or nickel cadium batteries.

Brightness of the screen can sap battery power especially if set at higher levels. Also leaving a static image on the screen on very bright settings increases the chance of screen burn in.

Upvote 0
ezany8ud.jpg

Sorry the new tapatalk update got me lost.

Sent using the force now Free

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones