Oddly, home screen button now asks for which launcher I want to useSupport

Last Updated:

1. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For all of us using SenseUI, hitting the home screen button will bring us... home, for lack of a better word.

However, recently, hitting the home screen button brings up a dialog asking whether I want to use SenseUI or the stock Android launcher. I'm aware this normally happens if you go into applications and clear the defaults for SenseUI.

However, I haven't done this. Moreover, even when I tell it to "save" the default for SenseUI when the dialog comes up, it seems to "forget" it after some time and asks for it again.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Warrior 3000

Warrior 3000 Well-Known Member

this happened to me when i installed launcherpro. i just uninstalled it and that crap went away.

3. B Allen

B Allen Active Member

NeoteriX likes this.
  4. NeoteriX

5. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

A little background please - did you previously install the Qik update? Thus, is the Qik update suspect?

6. NeoteriX

Yes, I did, and I have since confirmed that the Qik update is the culprit. Someone in the linked thread discovered that using the long hold on the Home key to bring up the recent 6 apps is what triggers the behavior. Sure enough, when Qik is installed, bringing up the 6 recent apps causes the home launcher to bug out. When uninstalled, that no longer happens.

Unbelievable. Worse yet, even if you uninstall Qik, the Market will constantly nag you to upgrade since the original Qik is embedded into the Evo ROM.