Odds of Getting a New Phone?General

Last Updated:

1. ndsustudent

ndsustudent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am on my 3rd eris right now and I am wondering what the odds are that if I head to a verizon store that they will let me exchange it for a different phone (pref. moto droid). Each phone that I have had has issues with signal, dropped calls, random power cycling, etc. And the two replacements they shipped to me, they promised that it would have 1.5 preloaded which they didnt.

So I am wondering what your experiences have been out there and or any advice for me.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Odds are probably pretty good... sounds like a number of people have been offered the Moto Droid as a replacement. Verizon will no longer replace the Eris with another Eris for certain issues anymore (i.e. silent bug, I believe).

3. outkast7222

outkast7222 Member

They are sending me an Eris for silent bug as of yesterday...

4. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

tell them you've had enough of the issues that come with the 2.1 update, but you need Maps with Navigation. Make sure you also mention that your on your 3rd Eris.

5. DDustiNN

Yeah I remember reading somewhere that as of last week (I think?), Verizon has a bulletin out or something regarding Eris replacements... maybe yours didn't see it yet, or they just don't care about it :D

6. ndsustudent

ndsustudent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What bulletin? Are they just straight up replacing eris' for moto droids or something rather than bother with refurbs? If so then that's great!!!:)

7. DDustiNN

8. Drumminraider204

Drumminraider204 Well-Known Member

My sister and I both got droids last week however both have issues when making a call...when calling we can hear the person on the other end but they cannot hear me talking...VZW said it was a software issue but i have found no such truth to that in the droid forums

9. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

So your Moto Droids have a similar issue to the silent bug on the Eris? That's very interesting.

10. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

That would be funny I wonder what all the people trash talking the eris on here would do if their new droid did the same thing. As I and others have mentioned on here before the silent bug sounds just like the problems I've had on other phones. Of course the "experts" shot that down right away.

11. porky101

porky101 Well-Known Member

I just got my second Eris yesterday and its no better than my first one. It still laggs....still has the cell standby bug....got silent bug this morning....sometimes the touch sensitive buttons dont work and I have to slam on them and hit em like 5 times until they respond.

I plan to call them back this morning and complain, because right now I am so pissed off. The guy who gave me my replacement Eris said to just take the replacement first cause then I could have a better chance of getting a different phone. He also did not even have a Verizon phone. The phone he owned was an EVO 4G.......

12. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

We have a gent here on the forum who works at an Apple store and has an Eris. It's a job, not a way of life....

13. porky101

yea, true....im just mad.

14. porky101

I just called them and was told that they cant do anything but give me another Eris. She suggested that I should wait until some software update comes on Friday and that she would give me a call Friday morning(I HIGHLY doubt they will ever call).

Its gotten to the point now where I am just sick of having the Eris and do not want to deal with these issues anymore even if there is an update. I just dont care. Maybe I will walk into the Verizon store later today.

Any suggestions on what to do?

15. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Pay full retail for a new phone, get a replacement Eris, or cancel your Verizon contract with the hefty early termination fee.

16. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Hey I went through rep after rep with verizon on the phone and got one to send me a droid for free with no contract renewal. check this out. http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/118057-verizons-offer-switch-eris.html
    (my reply is also on there and its pretty big so i wont copy and paste here.)