odin and firmwereSupport

Last Updated:

1. origr15

origr15 Active Member This Topic's Starter

i tried and tried to update my phone using NPS but i litteraly could end my life of aging and by that time it would still be crap and won't update ...

so i have decided to update my phone to get rid of the animation that my carrier put oh and because it will speed my phone and bettary stuff.. MY PHONE IS STILL IN H1!

1.so what it is the easiest and best way to install a firmwere on my phone ?
    2.what is the best firmwere?
    3.i need hebrew on my phone , how do i install it later ?

and i heard that firmwere now dont come with google stuff ... will i still be able to sync my gmail and calander and contacts oh what about market?

last question - can i install 1.6 ?

Advertisement
  2. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

1 - Easiest way is using Odin:

13/10 XXII5 - Installing the latest ROM on your device using Odin - Android @ MoDaCo

Do a factory reset afterwards

2 - Latest firmware - II5 - its in that thread

3 - Not sure, there was a thread on this forum about it somewhere. You should check that first.

Only custom rom's dont come with google stuff. But they get around that by taking the apps off the official rom and putting them back onto the custom rom afterwards. Its just an additional step in the install.

1.6 isnt out for the galaxy yet :(

3. origr15

so installing this rom will install the google softwere , it's not a custom rom ?

4. Shayko

Shayko Well-Known Member

5. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

II5 is an official samsung release - the latest one.

6. origr15

thank you , im going to talk to cellcom tomorrow but as i see it im going to update using odin , about the hebrew ... shay - i didnt really get it .. if i update how do i insert the hebrew and i have no problem with english menues but what about reading sms or writing in hebrew ? after the update will it solve the enoying problem .. my phone keeps restarting and it's enoying ...?