1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet

1. SuigintouLain

SuigintouLain Active Member Developer

This does not mean you can flash CWM through Rom Manager yet! Do not try it. In fact, Rom Manager is not supported yet. You are warned.

I'm too tired to type a long post, so I'll be brief. Flash this with Odin found in the same forum as this post. Haven't tested flashing zips because I've never made one before. Nandroid works because I spent all day trying to get it to work. Your warranty is now void. Please don't sue me.

http://hardestyhosting.com/mirror/admire-cwm.tar

Almost forgot to thank Shabbypenguin for his proper BoardConfig.mk and for dealing with me all day, Unforgiven512 for getting Odin working, PlayfulGod for his input, DRockstar, Koush, and everyone else.

Steps:

1. Download http://goo.gl/3z64A (Odin) and http://k0nane.info/rom/indulge-drivers.exe (Drivers)
    2. Install the drivers. There's not much to it.
    3. Follow the steps to enter download mode at [ACS] THE ODIN THREAD: Return to stock OR in short:
    a. Turn the phone all the way off, then remove and replace the battery and make sure the usb cable is unplugged.
    b. Plug the computer end of the cable into your computer.
    c. Hold down the Camera button, tightly. The Camera button is kinda flimsy.
    d. While still holding down the Camera button, plug the usb cable into your phone.
    e. Wait a few seconds. You should be at a screen warning you about how custom roms are dangerous to your warranty. You already know that, so hit Volume Up.
    4. On your computer, extract Odin and open it.
    5. Without touching any other options (don't do it, I'm not helping if you do,) click the OPS button and select the .ops file in the same folder as Odin.
    6. Click PDA and select the cwm tar I posted in this thread and just click OK when it warns about an "invalid image."
    7. Click Start and wait.
    8. If your phone reboots, you have CWM installed and can boot into it by holding Volume Down and Back while turning on the phone. If the green bar with the timer doesn't move after about a minute, take your battery out and start over.

EDIT: Do not PM anyone I credited for ROMs. They don't know.

Advertisement
    :
  2. pcflip

pcflip Well-Known Member

well this seems promising, but I cant afford a new phone just yet so I will others give some feedback on this :)
    Lilwayne likes this.
  3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Sweet gonna test asap
  4. DwayneE75

DwayneE75 Well-Known Member

what is odin and how do i flash this to my phone
  5. pcflip

pcflip Well-Known Member

DwayneE75 likes this.
  6. DwayneE75

Thankx
  7. DwayneE75

Has anyone tested this out yet
  8. lalo90

lalo90 Well-Known Member

i just did it but dont know what to look for :(
  9. DwayneE75

Try Rebooting Into Recovery and See If You Have CWM and See If It Has a option for u to install zips
  10. lalo90

lalo90 Well-Known Member

nope nothing like that. says the same thing as before. official binary. flashing again. new to this. :(
  11. lalo90

lalo90 Well-Known Member

If i go to the setting>about phone> build number : Admiral Beast :)
    other then that nothing new to me after flashing it again
  12. DwayneE75

Hopefully it work this time for you. If the Cwm Comes out successful then i will post my rom i created for the admire but if so im going to test it first but when u reflash it let me know what happened Thankx again.
  13. lalo90

lalo90 Well-Known Member

just did and nothing in recovery menu or where do i look for such options??? Im in ODIN mode, help???
    702garagem likes this.
  14. DwayneE75

15. lalo90

lalo90 Well-Known Member

16. DwayneE75

I would say wait till the morning and more post should be up because if this is the offical cwm then everyone will try it and im sure they may have the same problem as you. im hope that this will alow us to install zips
  17. flakito97

flakito97 Well-Known Member

I can CONFIRM it works!! Just Flashed.. WooooooT!!!!!!! And YES "Install zip from sdcard" option is available! Niceee work here bud!! Let the ROMS pour down!! haha
    530corona and DwayneE75 like this.
  18. DwayneE75

this is good to know. i will test out my uot rom i made and if good ill post download link and let me say i am so glad we have a working cwm now
  19. flakito97

flakito97 Well-Known Member

Bud if you need an extra tester to help ya confirm it worked, pm me the link..
  20. pcflip

pcflip Well-Known Member

confirmed working and I have access to zip, this is awesome :)
  21. SuigintouLain

SuigintouLain Active Member Developer

Just as a reminder, you cannot flash until you have hit Volume Up at the warning screen when you enter Odin mode.
  22. DwayneE75

will do
  23. glenweitzel

glenweitzel Member

hope we will see a cricket vitality rom soon id like to try flashing metros to cricket
  24. DwayneE75

i am almost done with my first custom rom for the admire will upload :D
  25. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

looking good here. :D