[Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet

1. DwayneE75

DwayneE75 Well-Known Member

My Custom Rom

1.Boot Into cwm
    2.Go to install from sd( no wiping needed)
    3.install
    4.Reboot

Let me know what you think
    LINK 4shared folder - My 4shared
  2. MysteryEmotion

MysteryEmotion Well-Known Member

Before you guys go to crazy n usin this let me do some testing. Ive tried a couple different cwms n there was major issues with the rfs file system
    DealerMan likes this.
  3. SuigintouLain

SuigintouLain Active Member Developer

I can assure you that this works. It's not like I posted some random build. I spent most of Monday trying to fix the exact RFS problem you're thinking of. The fat.format binary has some strange static linkings that I solved by grabbing another binary and integrating it into the recovery ramdisk. Also, I had to modify the CWM source pertaining to RFS partition formatting because it called fat.format wrong and refused to format partitions. Other than that, it should be for the most part safe.

If you want to test out how it handles RFS, do a Nandroid backup and restore it. Nandroid formats /system with fat.format, so if it works, there's a little bit a reassurance.
  4. so where do you go to make/edit roms?
  5. MysteryEmotion

I will play with it 2moro. I will test the ability to wipe cache n dalvik. I will see how it handles a nandroid. If this works then I'll create a flashable version of my rom with an advance update script.

No offense but I don't know you. Got any links to any other projects or is this your first? I know people that r known devs that have been working on this for some time and haven't figured out the issue that u said u solved in one day.
  6. MysteryEmotion

there is no such thing as a rom editor. There r kitchens for basic themes such as the uot kitchen.
  7. ty, good to know..first android, so not familiar with the roms yet..
    but is anyone else getting the message "not valid image type" when selecting the admire-cwm tar?
    glenweitzel likes this.
  8. al57king

al57king Member

I don't know about the rest of you here but I think I'll wait till Mystery gives his OK and releases an update! Just my thoughts. Rather be safe then sorry.
  9. Millertime904

Millertime904 Active Member

So are you suppose to put the battery back in while holding down the camera and vol down button?
  10. Millertime904

Yes it works Maybe Somebody should put some roms on rom manager
  11. Millertime904

Will their be overclocking
  12. aihliift@

aihliift@ Well-Known Member

is there a way to add a2sd now that we have clockwork?
  13. marcos.lennis

marcos.lennis Well-Known Member

I confirm that this works on the first try if done properly. Performing system backup now.

Thanks to all the devs who have worked hard on this.
  14. rangerrob

rangerrob Well-Known Member

works great thanks to all he devs . wich one should i donate too? p.s. dont unzip the admire-cwm
  15. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

mystery cwm works, SuigintouLain, playfulgod,and i spent many an hour trying to figure out the rfs issues, glad to see it was finally fixed :)

this wont allow overclocking, or apps2d, or anything....

this allows you to make backups of your phone, and restore them, allow you to flash unauthorized software
  16. GTK313

GTK313 Well-Known Member

This is cool for backing up and restoring and installing non system mods.

but

Isn't this a bad idea since most of the MetroPCS 2.3.4 is not Deodexed (to save space & integrity), meaning if someone flashes something (zip file for example) that has to do with the system....it will remove the file integrity and cause system boot loop.

Although if the system is Deodexed, than that will be a great tool to apply update that's related to the system.
  17. flakito97

flakito97 Well-Known Member

Yes Just continue, it still works.. that thru me off too but it means no harm.
  18. flakito97

flakito97 Well-Known Member

Does this wipe data on its own, like a full ROM would do? or is it like Mysterys Admiral BeastRom/theme, that just switches a couple things and adds a couple tweaks.?
  19. quechon

quechon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the hard work it really works but i heard that this phone wont be able to hit 1ghz
  20. lalo90

lalo90 Well-Known Member

preform a backup first and then install. if you dont, like i did, then restore from your back up. thats what i did, therefore no harm done. But the UI and font change but other than that idk
  21. RetroDelete

RetroDelete Well-Known Member

That's incorrect.
  22. DwayneE75

DwayneE75 Well-Known Member

No You do not have to wipe anything. this will customize your phone, when more people give me more suggestions then i will add it to the full rom im creating but again i dont know the codes to overclocking this phone but far as other stuff i got you.;):eek:
    NightmaresEcho likes this.
  23. RetroDelete

RetroDelete Well-Known Member

\Can you post some screen shots? Also, why not make this a thread?
  24. Millertime904

How do you change metro bootanimation and metro shutdown bootanimation?
  25. SuigintouLain

SuigintouLain Active Member Developer

No, that's only to make sure the phone is fully off. Make sure to put the battery back in before performing the Volume Down/Camera move.

Those bother me too, and I'm going to look into a simple deodex/root/cwm Odin flash with simple add-ons.