• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet

My bad they wanted screenshots didn't they???

they did, but he made his own thread :)

and it wasnt directed just at you man youve got people in here taking requests for a rom etc, makes it harder for the OP to sort thru and find if anyone is having issue with cwm.. or even just to see all the people that liked their work :)

as such this is my thanks to the OP, without you pushing on i woulda had a helluva lot longer time trying to make it :p

Upvote 0
I followed the steps outlined by the OP and got cmw to boot on my admire but when I went to run a backup after backing up the system files it returns the message "error while making a backup image"...

I can check the restore files and see that an actual backup file was created and when I try to open the file it says MD5 mismatch.... I was just wondering if anyone else ran into this problem...

I also went through the OP procedures again just to make sure that I didn't miss something and it is still returning the same results... .Thanks again....

Oh an before I forget thank you everyone for all the great work that has been done so far

Upvote 0
I followed the steps outlined by the OP and got cmw to boot on my admire but when I went to run a backup after backing up the system files it returns the message "error while making a backup image"...

I can check the restore files and see that an actual backup file was created and when I try to open the file it says MD5 mismatch.... I was just wondering if anyone else ran into this problem...

I also went through the OP procedures again just to make sure that I didn't miss something and it is still returning the same results... .Thanks again....

Oh an before I forget thank you everyone for all the great work that has been done so far

I got the same message the first time I tried to backup, I had to delete some music off my sd card then retried. It work the second time, you might need more memory.

Upvote 0
well figured out, my shoddy connection at the time wasnt downloading the whole admire-cwm.tar, so thats why it wasnt working,but everything runs great now.
at this point tho..theres still nothing you can do..im not gonna rush into anything yet until this gets the CWM approval..then when it does, ill be waiting for more admiral beast updates..ill trust them, and not a rom made by randoms..gj!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones