[ODIN] not working for me - just crashes (solved)

1. StewieGriffin

StewieGriffin Member

I am trying to root my Rush by following the root guide posted by Shabbypenguin. The problem I am having is that Odin crashes when I hit 'Start'. I have used 3 different PC's each with a different OS: Win7, Vista and then XP. I am not sure what I am doing wrong and would appreciate any advice.

edit: CWM can now be pushed to the Rush via Odin. Thanks Shabbypenguin for helping us root this phone!

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

are you running it as an administrator?
  3. StewieGriffin

StewieGriffin Member

Yes - I am running it as administrator. Thanks.
  4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

The test version in the cwm thread does the same thing for me. (The one that says don't restore unless you are willing to risk a brick)
    StewieGriffin likes this.
  5. dakid27

dakid27 Active Member

it dont work for me eather anit that a bitch lol
    StewieGriffin likes this.
  6. Techwolf

Techwolf Member

Yea i just tried using odin myself, same problem :( looks like i can't pull the file yet until i get it working, will the file work with an older version of odin maybe?
  7. StewieGriffin

StewieGriffin Member

I tried older versions of odin and had the same result - odin just crashed.
  8. Shabbypenguin

unofrtunatly making the tars themselves apparently has become an issue for my computer.

i had what may have been a perfectly working cwm, but i got word that it wasnt so i deleted it. then it came to light the error may not have been cwm... so now im trying to backtrack and get things situated :/
  9. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

I think its important to always appreciate someone's hard work! To criticize someone work especially someone who has contributed so much to forum isn't nice.let's be nice and show our devs support.
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  10. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

Hello everyone, I'll be coming to this forum officially the first or second week of January, just waiting for my friend to get her new phone then I'll have the Rush that she had, but is it possible that the CWM file might work with a newer version of ODIN?? Just a question, trying to drum up some possibilities for this issue... :)
  11. Shabbypenguin

the issue is that i updated to linux mint 14 and it seems its not playing nice with making an odin tar like 13 and earlier did :/

sadly that is all, i have teh source and a what i believe working cwm just need to package it up :p
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  12. Robertech

Robertech Well-Known Member

I've got Ubuntu 12 and im willing to tar it up if need be

hell I'll even set up a ftp account for you on my server and take some of the load off your bandwidth
  13. Shabbypenguin

if you could unpack the test tar, try making it back into a tar and see if it flashes. if it does it should be fully working :)

http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Boost/Rush/CWM-Rush-M830.tar
    Slayer72 and Robertech like this.
  14. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

I have re-compressed with 7-Zip (Windows)..
    Temp link:

[removed link]
    Robertech likes this.
  15. Robertech

16. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

I may have done wrong.. compressed file in folder.. just file?
  17. Robertech

you mean inside the tar you have another folder with a file inside? i may be wrong, shabby correct me, but I believe it should be a file in the tar and not a folder with a file
  18. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

That's what I thought.. I messed it up.. I used one utility that automatically stuffs it in a folder when uncompressed and then used 7-Zip to re-compress.. I'll redo.

Edit: Okay I fixed it.. just recovery.img.. no folder
    [removed link]

Are we sure that the recovery.img file isn't corrupt?
  19. Robertech

looking at shabby's tar I see a folder in a folder in a folder in a tar... I'll try to flash both ways when I get off and see how it goes I guess
  20. Shabbypenguin

taht may be what is causing it, it should be just recovery.img inside a tar
  21. Robertech

email? I'll send what I have and u can test it
  22. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

Mine is without folders if someone wants to test.
  23. Shabbypenguin

24. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

I won't have my phone till the 24th.. maybe Robertech can when he gets home. I noticed the extension changed.. is that correct?
  25. Robertech

tar.md5 ?