• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Odin not working to unbrick, need help asap

VERIZON GALAXY S3
Here we go. When I turn my phone on, it brings me to a screen with a yellow triangle saying "system software not authorized by verizon wireless has been found on your phone." Using Odin to bring it back to stock is not working. I have the official Samsung file. My phone was rooted, I brought it back to stock with Odin, updated to 4.3 (official) and tried to root again, but did not know that when you bring it to stock, you have to unlock the bootloader again. So I never did that. I read that you can't use Odin for the 4.3 version. Someone please help ASAP

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you hard bricked your phone, once you take the most recent update from Verizon you no longer can unlock the bootloader, if you try it like you did, you will brick it. There is a way to root it using safe strap, but too late for you. That is why it is wise to do some research, did you check www.xda-developers.com , if you did, I don't understand how you missed the warning signs posted all over their forums.

Upvote 0
I odend back to stock 4.3 after soft brick. I put the link up in the all things root Samsung galaxy s3 you will see my post. If you can still get in to odend mode you should be able to get your phone back. Good luck.

I saw that, and it was a good find!!
So good in fact, I added it to my sticky there:)
Thanks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones