OE overclocking.. (maybe)

1. bll7

bll7 Well-Known Member

as of now i use giantpunes kernal, yes it is wonderful. But i would love to see if we can get this wonderful, stubborn device up to 2Mhz.. i know this is probably impossible but what do you guys think? :)
    **MAKE THIS B*TCH LIKE SHE IS ON STEROIDS**

Advertisement
  2. David Dubz

David Dubz Well-Known Member

Hmmmm idk. It's already overclocked at 1200 as it is. I don't think it would last long at 2000. That's pretty insane.
  3. bll7

bll7 Well-Known Member

yes, this is true, but this little amazing, shitty, cheap, brilliant device has already impressed me and to be honest, i want to see what she has got, she is a "sleeper" :D
  4. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member

Here are a couple of relevant posts from our resident geniuses. You can do it but you probably shouldn't.

5. bll7

bll7 Well-Known Member

do you think you can do this? i am on a mac and it is hell trying to edit any kind of files.... :/

i miss my windows.. lol
  6. Hashtag

Hashtag Well-Known Member

1.6GHz is pretty good... out of curiosity, what do you have to do on your phone that requires almost as much power as a laptop?
  7. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hashtag likes this.
  8. Hashtag

To those who dont know, Giantpune has the correct answer to everything.
  9. bll7

bll7 Well-Known Member

giantpune do you ever plan on trying it at 2mhz?
  10. Tyjuice069

Tyjuice069 Member

I lol'd so badly after watching that picture lol
  11. MStreeter

MStreeter Active Member

Oh you can probably clock it up to 5, maybe 6MHz. This is no 8086, but it gets the job done.
  12. Hashtag

I heard the new Nintendo DS gets up to 15MHz!
  13. bll7

bll7 Well-Known Member

we will have to root the sh*t out of it (; lolol
  14. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's really not a good idea, unless you don't care about damaging your phone permanently. Heat, wear, consumes more battery. Not worth it.
  15. bll7

bll7 Well-Known Member

yes, i can agree with this. But think if it did run stable, i mean i'm pretty sure no one thought we "giantpune" would get it to 1.6? Miracles do happen my friend :) if i decide to test it i will report back.. Still "rock paper scissoring" lol :D
  16. FoxyDrew

FoxyDrew Well-Known Member

id be happy to try a 2GHz OC i run my elite with 1.6GHz as the maximum and minimum frequencies at all times without any problems (overheat,battery drain etc.) so i doubt 2GHz will be a big difference also the benchmark from stock (1946) skyrocketed with the OC (2902) lol i had them written down anyways i would love to see benchmarks with the 2GHz were already beating dual core phones in quadrant with giantpunes lovely kernel
  17. muselite

muselite Member

Agreed. If someone would either compile or step by step it for me, I will gladly assume the risk and test a max kernel
  18. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

Not really. I don't want to ruin a $100 toy. You can mail me your phone and a note saying you don't care if I tear it up and then I'll overclock it till it pulls a chernobyl.
  19. bll7

bll7 Well-Known Member

if you make the kernal for the 2mhz, i will gladly test it. :)
  20. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

To correct you, it's 2ghz, not mhz. I think the original macintosh from the 80s was faster than 2mhz. :D
  21. bll7

bll7 Well-Known Member

this is why i never graduated... ;D stupid auto-correct.