OEM HTC Touch Pro 2 Battery?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has there been a confirmation on if this fits without pushing the back out? Pictures would be great! Also is this one better than the Seidio battery (1750mah)? I have heard not so great things about the Seidio batteries.

Advertisement
  2. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

if it's the RHOD160 battery then it fits in my Incredible perfectly. the cover snaps on tightly and leaves no gaps at all. i tried one out of an HTC Hero today at work and then ordered one on ebay for 15 bucks when i got home. it's only an extra 200Mah (about 15% more capacity) but i'll take it for only $15.

i chose it over the Siedio for the price and i'm not sure i trust siedio. the siedio seems to good to be true. i trust HTC more than Siedio.

zanza likes this.
  3. DEng66

DEng66 Well-Known Member

I just got the OEM touch pro 2 battery. It does fit and the back snaps on but it does leave just a tiny gap at the bottom of the phone. It is barely noticeable unless you are very obsessive/compulsive (which I am!). Ironically, it wouldn't be noticeable at all if the inside of the phone weren't bright red!

4. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

when i tried the one out of the Hero (RHOD160) there were no gaps anywhere. i looked and looked and looked. strange that you see a gap.

5. malice

malice Well-Known Member

YEah I have no gap, but the battery is worse than my oem 1300 that came with the phone. Maybe I just got a bad apple.

6. computerpro3

computerpro3 Well-Known Member

There are no gaps anywhere on mine. If your battery is worse than the 1300 you may have gotten a fake on ebay; they are pretty common on there. Call HTC and have them run the serial number.

Droidizzle likes this.
  7. Droidizzle

Droidizzle Well-Known Member

Just did a quick search on ebay. You might want to check the mah on the battery. Even though the model number is the same, I found ones that listed at 1100 mah up to 1600 mah.

8. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

THIS^ I almost bought one too because it said it was the TP2 oem RHOD160 battery and I got looking at it and it was only 1300 mAh. So I said screw the whole idea, I hate ebay...

9. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have pics of the TP2 battery in the incredible? I wanna buy it, but I am iffy...

10. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Can someone post the dimensions of this battery for me please?

11. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

It fits fine. I have the battery from my actual Touch Pro2. Model # BTR5875 / Part # 35H00123-03M (1500 mAh).

12. DroidRocker

DroidRocker Well-Known Member

I grabbed the TP2 battery a week ago. After a weeks worth of use and draining/charging...I'm getting the same (poor) results from this as the original that came with the phone. A few days ago I also got the Seido 1750...I'll let you know how that goes.

13. GrandMasterB

I would be very much interested to hear your thoughts on the 1750 vs the 2 you already have so please let us know the results.

Oh and one more question, are you sure the TP2 battery you got is 1500 mAh?

14. letters

letters Well-Known Member

I am using a OEM 1500 and have noticed a great improvement in battery life. I can make it through an entire day with heavy use. With the 1300 I could not, even with everything idled down. With the 1500 I can run everything I need and still have juice at the end of the day. I will still probably get the 2150 when it comes out but for 15 bucks, this battery was well worth the cheese.

15. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

Charge the phone while it is powered off, then when the light turns green unlpug the cable and then plug it back in. Repeat 3 times and your battery life will increase.

this will need to be done with the Tp2 battery and the seido.

16. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

Here is a pic with my Touch Pro 2 battery installed in the Inc. This TP2 was my previous phone so it is the factory TP2 battery. The yellowish line is a reflection of the overhead lights in my family room. Notice that there is no red showing. I'm also using the desktop charger from the TP2 to charge the extra battery. I took a pic of both batteries being measured with dial calipers as well. As you can see the TP2 is about .020 thicker than the Inc battery but it doesn't bulge the battery cover as seen in the first pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. DroidRocker

Yes. Got the 1500 TP2...and I'm on the third charge of my Seido 1750 and watching the time. I'll let you know after another charge or two!

18. GrandMasterB

Well you shouldn't have to do all the work. Send it to me and I'll cycle it the last few times :D

19. Chomsky1

Chomsky1 Well-Known Member

zanza likes this.
  20. KhaOZ

KhaOZ Active Member

Let us know!

21. zanza

zanza Well-Known Member

please keep us posted.

22. geoffd

geoffd Active Member

23. DroidRocker

After the third full charge/discharge cycle on my Seido 1750, my results are 23 hours. Put it in at 2pm Sunday, just pulled it out to charge with 4% battery left at 1pm Monday.

Now without saying I'm a medium or heavy user, because it's all subjective, I look at that as an improvement over the 1300's performance that came with the Droid Inc. I use my phone alot for data. Text, Email, constantly fooling around with apps, YouTube watching, Pandora and other occasional radio listening. I've played with Google maps, Google Sky, News/Sports/Weather aps frequent, Marketplace surfing, photo and video taking and a couple of phone calls. That's a normal day.

Plus, I do NOT disable any "animations" (it's part of the pfun of the pfone) and I leave the display on Automatic Brightness. Why go grab a cool phone only to disable the coolness for the battery sake?!

The original 1300 would not get me through the day. This, although by no means a two-day runner for me, at least will get me through a day without worry...especially since I now have battery backups too. Bottom line, if I use the phone to it's fullest...it's a hog of power.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  24. Chomsky1

Chomsky1 Well-Known Member

OK, so this battery has arrived, as others have noted the TP2 battery IS slightly thicker than the OEM Inc unit. When replacing the back case there are some tiny gaps at the bottom near the USB port, really not noticeable unless you're looking for them but I wanted to put that out there.

I charged it to 100% with the phone powered off and have had Network, Wi-Fi, GPS, Twitter, antivirus, the Weather Channel, Maps and a live wallpaper running for an hour and batt level (I use batteryminder) is still pegged on 100%. BM is telling me I have over 26 hours of charge (which will depend on usage, of course).

I will post again tomorrow if I have a chance after the battery's run a full cycle but this batt could be a winner.

25. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

The gaps you may or may not see will settle down after a days use. Mine did. The tape on the battery may need to be smoothed out if it's sticking up. I think it takes a lot of the wiggle out of the battery cover. You can feel the battery cover press in ever so slightly when using the stock battery cover. The TP2 battery is almost a perfect fit for this phone. It feels more solid in the hand.