Off Contract Pricing Update 6/3/10

Last Updated:

1. robiii

robiii Member This Topic's Starter

Here is the info I know 100% true.

Sprint Store $449.99
    Radio Shack $499.99
    Best Buy $599.99

So if you have a Sprint Store near you that is the way to go. Everyone else is price gouging. And should not have a problem getting one from a Sprint store because they did not do any preorders. First come first get!!:D

Advertisement
  2. Wynder

Wynder Active Member

I pre-ordered and only have the 1-yr $75 credit, so I'm going to see if RS is going to price match.

3. six2one

six2one Active Member

it should be said that i am reasonably certain that you cannot activate this as a new customer without the 2yr agreement. cause thats what i wanted to do.

however sprint hasnt jacked up the etf yet so its still 200...and ends up being cheaper anyways... 200 subsidized + 200 MAX etf = 400max.

not trying to threadjack but i was personally hoping to buy this outright and do a month to month like vzw or att. o well

4. Wynder

Wynder Active Member

It's more along the lines of... you have to pay full retail unless you have the 2yr renewal option available or you're a new subscriber signing up for 2yrs.

As someone who's currently eligible for the 1yr $75 discount, that will come off of the retail price of $450. I don't qualify for the $100 rebate.

*sigh*

5. jdmlvr07

jdmlvr07 Active Member

my sprint rep told me today that it's going to be 550 without new contract. He told me they changed it

6. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

nope... just talked to them yesterday... 449

7. Wynder

Wynder Active Member

I was quoted the $449 price as well on May 29th from Sprint retention.

8. davehries

davehries Active Member

six2one, that is what I wanted to do as well. I called Sprint and was told - sorry, but new customers are required to buy a 2 year contract. Just curious, what are you going to do? Are you paying the $200 and getting a 2 year and then canceling, paying the $200 ETF and then what? Thanks.

9. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

i third...or fourth or whatever

i was told 449...she originally said for 499.99 but when i told her the sprint website had it for 449.99 she checked, apologized and clarified it was 449.99

she did tell me since the phone isn't released yet...the price is tentative meaning it could very well go up