Off to get my phoneGeneral

1. angelus97

angelus97 Well-Known Member

Phones4u have my Xperia in stock. I'm off to get it. If anyone has any questions about it let me know and I'll try and answer them.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jaseuk

jaseuk Well-Known Member

lucky bugger!
  3. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

I thought it wasn't available from phones4u till the 13th March.

When you have time can you give us your thoughts on how responsive/unresponsive the capacitive keys are please?
  4. zafonic

I just nipped into phones4u and had a quick look at the dummy model of this phone in white, and it looked really nice.
  5. angelus97

Arrived in the shop to be greeted by a new shiny Arc S!!! They'd taken the order down wrong. They seemed surprised when I said I didn't want to order the S through them and walked out of the shop.
  6. zafonic

How disappointing for you. I would have told them where to go.
  7. angelus97

Obviously I'm irritated but if I'd made the trip solely for that I'd be fuming. Fortunately I was going to the shops anyway.

The dummy model looks really nice.
  8. zafonic

Yes, I looked in their earlier and looked at the white one and it looked very nice. Didn't get to feel it in the hand though.
  9. gabbyevs

gabbyevs Well-Known Member

what idiots just because its got an s in it!

people in barcelona bought them yesterday apparently sim free
  10. zafonic

The stories i have read about phones4u incompetence towards customers is deplorable.
  11. angelus97

I've calmed down now and finding the whole incident quite funny.

I was glad I saw a dummy model though. The phone looks good in all the pictures, but in real life it looks amazing.
  12. zafonic

Good for you. So where you going to get your phone now then?
  13. jaseuk

jaseuk Well-Known Member

P4U are a joke, I've only dealt with them once before years ago and they cocked up the monthly plan, cancelled within a day or so and have not gone back since.
  14. gabbyevs

touch wood theyve been ok with me and i got a good early upgrade deal on this phone letsjust hope they deliver
  15. zafonic

I hope for your sake they don't.
  16. gabbyevs

i got my last phone with them no problems i cant afford a sim free one so im stuck really
  17. angelus97

I think I'm going to get it directly from O2 now. I think it's usually safer getting it direct from the network operator. I know that 99% of the time third party sellers are ok, but unfortunately I was part of the 1%

I will be finding the best deal I can online and taking a printout of it into the shop and threaten to go somewhere else if they can't match it though. In the shopping centre near me O2, Vodafone, Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Orange, Carphone Warehouse and Phones4U are all within 50 metres of each other so they can't risk the chance I'm blagging (it worked last time I upgraded!).
  18. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Not in Leeds by any chance?
  19. zafonic

Apparently phones4u in Tottenham Court road London now have them in stock...white only at present.