• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Off topic discussions and help thread

smh

Attachments

• 1432729160761.jpg
    1432729160761.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: dfuse06
Upvote 0
We recently figured out that the files for the proximity sensor are in fact there but for some reason the ROM can't see them so they don't show up. If you boot into TWRP you can find them with the TWRP file manager.

That's really odd! But I have similar issues before with TWRP theme packs on Touchwiz. I put in the TWRP folder but I colud see it using root explorer.

Upvote 0
We recently figured out that the files for the proximity sensor are in fact there but for some reason the ROM can't see them so they don't show up. If you boot into TWRP you can find them with the TWRP file manager.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're booted into TWRP then the ramdisk your looking at is for the recovery kernel, not the system kernel.

Sounds like whoever built TWRP had the proximity sensor correct in the build tree. Or at least the files are included.

Is there a git for the afyonltetmo twrp? Might want to check the kernel source.

Upvote 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're booted into TWRP then the ramdisk your looking at is for the recovery kernel, not the system kernel.

Sounds like whoever built TWRP had the proximity sensor correct in the build tree. Or at least the files are included.

I'll check it out I have the source

Upvote 0

The thing with that is you don't need much in the tree to build recovery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones