[Off Topic] My Xoom revival...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BiGMERF, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Well yesterday I picked up my Xoom and realized that I hadnt in a while. She has been getting a bit boring for me lately. Well anyway I said let me check around for some apps. Went to tegrazone and downloaded Riptide (6.99) and the pinball game (2.99). Instant gratification. Riptide is simply amazing //! Graphics are awesome and she runs as smooth as any game you will play on a console. Pinball is awesome for what it is .. Then I didnt stop there, I went over to Gameloft and picked up ASPHALT 6 .. WOWOWOWOW.. mY xOOM WAS IN MY HANDS FOR THE NEXT 4 TO FIVE HOURS..Lol. On a lesser note I went over to XDA and grabbed the updated google voice app. Bingo Xoom has come back to life. One other thing I grabbed the app called TV Stream,, works fantastic. Just about All the tv shows in the palm of my hands . Complete with seasons.

Now if only Netflix (tvstream great substitute) and MLBtv (hate having to use the browser) would come to there senses and provide tablet support I would be in heaven

Advertisement

2. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    a link to TV Stream plz

3. its been removed by google !!! here is the link to there facebook page

TV Shows Stream | Facebook

funny cause for all current customers it works fine still. they say its coming back and that they will blending in a movie stream app also.. woot woot !

3devious likes this.
  4. MutantCheese

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    well that stinks, but thanks.

5. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Virginia
    Be thankful that you were able to get Asphalt 6 HD working. For a lot of users, it seems to be hit or miss. In fact, GameLoft told someone (via email) that their games do not support 3.1. They haven't given a time reference as to when it will be supported either.:mad:

6. I know i took a chance.. I saw a lot of mixed reviews about the game on various sites.. I figured I would give it a shot and then take my chances on a refund in case it did not work.. but I lucked out. My xoom is totally stock so maybe that has something to do with it

7. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Michigan
    I thought MLB.TV was working on the Xoom? I hadn't gotten it because I watch through my TV but I thought I might soon. Bummer.

8. nope it does not.. i watch it on my tv via my ps3 and when not home on my nexus s..

9. Peterpoose

Peterpoose Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I have TV shows stream and Movies Stream on my Xoom, they both work perfectly well.

10. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Oahu / Hawaii
    I updated the game last week like everyone at XDA said to do, and it's been fine, no crashes.

11. Discovered robotek also.... wow so much fun

12. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Manager
    Suburbs of Boston
    Funny reading this today. Today, I forgot my Xoom on my bed and I will be without my Xoom all day for the first time since I bought it. I'm already developing shakes and its only been an hour.....

13. MutantCheese

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    BTW, I went to TVstream.co on my computer and my virus software went apesh!t, so be careful with those free movie streaming apps.

14. anti viruses usually do that on every site hat involves sharing

15. Hola91

Hola91 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Hamilton, NJ
    I had TV show stream on my X before the Gingerbread update. After the update it no longer worked. I also downloaded on my Xoom and it worked for about a week then stopped. I sent a couple of emails to the developer and never got a response. I eventually just uninstalled it and i noticed it was no longer on the market. $6 down the drain. Sucks because when it did work i loved it. I have always been a little iffy about installing stuff from outside the market so i will wait to see if it comes back on. Netflix in the meantime.