Offered MyTouch 3G by T-Mobile

1. Tribal69x

Tribal69x Member

Talked with Customer Loyalty about the issue regarding the Behold II not being updated to Android 2.x as promised. The best offer I have received so far is the MyTouch 3G for $154. No upgrade fee, no shipping fee. What does everyone think? Take it and try it for the 14 day buyer remorse period or hold out for a better deal? They said the Mytouch 3G Slide has been taken off their upgrade list for the time being...?

Advertisement
    :
  2. xblue95

xblue95 Well-Known Member

I'm on hold as I type with T-Mobile Rep, they are exchanging my BH2 for a MT3G Slide at no cost, no plan extension. I do have to ship back my BH2 though, guess I need to ODIN back to TouchWiz.
  3. Tribal69x

Tribal69x Member

The rep I talked with said they could not take the Behold II back since it was past the 14 day buyers remorse period.
  4. Tribal69x

Tribal69x Member

anyone else have an opinion?
  5. The only opinion I have is I want something else. Magenta knows what's happening and they knew a lot of BH2 owners were going to be pissed. They should expect it and have something lined up. I would love to be able to do a straight swap like xblue95, but don't have to patience to go round and round with Customer Service.
  6. Tribal69x

Tribal69x Member

Called Customer Loyalty again this morning. Ended up getting the MyTouch 3G Slide for $180 with a $50 mail in rebate. No upgrade fee, no shipping costs, and I do not have to send the Behold II back so I will be able to sell it on Craigslist/eBay. I can live with that. : )
  7. mikoo

mikoo Active Member

How much did you pay initially for Behold II? I would expect an even exchange? Why do you have to pay $180?
  8. offthecha1n

offthecha1n Well-Known Member

yeah i got a free one and had to send back my behold. even on the em+ plan
  9. Tribal69x

Tribal69x Member

Looks like you guys got a better deal then I did. Thought I got a decent deal at the time. Phone is on its way and I can live with the deal I received. Didn't have to send the Behold II back so when I sell that it will pay for the Slide. Hopefully I wont have another issue like this but if I do I will have to push some more to get a better deal.
  10. offthecha1n

its funny but I was willing to pay the upgrade price, but ill take a free one anyday lol
  11. Tribal69x

Tribal69x Member

I wasn't looking for a free phone and didn't expect to get something for nothing. I got what I was after. The upgrade price. Kudos to those who were able to get it free!
  12. xblue95

This is the original offer they gave me, but I didn't settle for that. Times are tough and I didn't have an extra $180. I payed about $180 for a MOTO Cliq back in November, went thru 3 Cliq's before swapping out for the BH2, now moving on to HTC MT3G Slide. I hope BH_MAN picked up a SLIDE, his ROM's are the SH$%#T!
  13. xblue95

Right On Tribal69x, If you're happy, I'm happy for you!!!!! I'm gonna try and talk them out of shipping back the BH2 and give it to my daughter, we'll see!
  14. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

he has one, but it doesn't matter cause no one can root this bitch and three dev including eugene are working on it. so awesome roms or not we won't be seeing any until someone can crack the code.
  15. xblue95

First things first, I know! How are you digging your SLIDE behold_this? Are you gonna change your screen name to SLIDE_THIS? UUMMMMM....... maybe not, that doesn't sound so good! LOL!:D
    behold_this likes this.
  16. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

17. Tribal69x

Tribal69x Member

xblue95....good luck with trying to hold onto the Behold II for your daughter. I'd give mine to my wife but she's not interested in it. She just likes her basic cell phone. I'm sure I'll be able to sell it on Craislist or eBay.
  18. Every time I try to call CS I get someone who reads their scripts word for word.
  19. mattyv

mattyv New Member

I would love to swap this phone out for a 3G slide. What phone numbers are you guys calling that they are offering the swap?
    The last call to customer service, I was just told that all they can do is exchange it for another Behold II. WTF? Why would I want another one of these? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  20. Griflog

Griflog Member

Was just told by Customer Care that the only way to get a free swap is if you've had 3 warranty exchanges in 90 days. I'm on three when my new Behold gets here next week. Just keep calling and telling them of the issues. When they try to troubleshoot them, and it doesn't work, have them send a new phone. Three times. Not sure what they will offer when i send this one back, though. By the way, does this phone have the proximty sensor to prevent you from hitting buttons during a call? I thought i read somewhere that it does, but I was told by one of the tech guys that i doesn't??!!
  21. offthecha1n

I had to think a little outside the box for this one, first i searched google for customer service and" higher up" emails as calling was not working( calling always works!!) I found the tmobile ceo email and a executive customer service email. sent a polite yet descriptive email about my 3 exchanges on the behold, the sd card preparing notification message and a few other issues, and that customer services response was after trying to fix it with no success " you can always buy a new phone'' at full price as im EM+.
    bottom line was I got a call back the next day form executive customer service about my ceo email, I did not once ask for a free phone or mention no 2.1 upgrade and even said at first I was willing at first to pay the upgrade price. he did tell me that the deciding factor was i had been with them for over 10yrs he would let me have a new phone with behold 2 return.
    my suggestion is ask for exceutive customer service/care when you call tmobile or worst case search for some emails
  22. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

If all you want is a phone to get you to 2.1 or 2.2 any phone other than the Behold II will get you there in one way, shape, or fashion.

I for one took the Cliq and did not have to pay a dime, waste my upgrade, sign a new contract, or even send in my Behold II.

It did however take a couple weeks, a lot of phone calls, and three exchanges.

I love my Cliq and now that Motorola has released 2.1 with motoblur to T-mobile I am sure I will love it even more very soon. If not, I may walk to Sprint for the Evo 4G when my contract is up in 9 days.
  23. Tribal69x

Tribal69x Member

I sent an email to executive customer service explaining my issues. I'll let everyone know if and when I get a response.
  24. fm335

fm335 Member

i got tmo to give me the mt3g v1.2 for free and i didnt have to send back my bh2, im on the em+ plan also. so if i dont like the mt3g im going to sell it to walmart along with my bh2 and that will get me around 270 towards the mt3gs which btw eugene finally rooted last night ftw!
  25. How did u get the mt3g for free? what did u say to them cuz I wanna do the same thing lol