• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Offering App Design Services

I've found that I enjoy designing user interfaces for websites/apps, and being a new droid owner I thought I would post an offer for my services as designer for your app.

I'm just a designer, not a programmer, so all that work would be done by you and you could use my designs as a guide. I'm willing to design for the droid's resolution primarily (seeing as how it's the biggest) and work downward to other models to avoid pixelated artwork, and I'm also willing to email the finished photoshop file to whomever needs it.

I'm not looking to get paid, (although a little monetary bonus would be awesome for a paid app) and would never dream of charging design fees for a free app. I want good free apps just like the rest of us.

I want to design for apps that will actually see the light of day, not vaporware and/or concept pieces that may never actually make it to the market. I am willing to brainstorm however, but I want to see apps that become real!

Anyone interested? I like to design, and just want to help developers polish their apps to make them more appealing. Because let's face it, right now iPhone apps still have the good design badge in general, we should try to narrow that gap. Either post in reply to this, or send me a PM.

To see some of my artwork, go to briphotography.com (I designed the entire site), and/or go to http://cromagrickmanus.deviantart.com (haven't updated in a LONG time :p but there's some artwork on there)

Happy programming!!
D

I think that's awesome you wanting to volunteer your time. I have an idea for an app that I think would be awesome...but I'm not very talented at programming, and haven't tried anything on Android. However, if you're enthusiasm is as much as mine, maybe we can get a couple people involved and get this going.

Ever used Shazam? It's a program that can identify a song by listening.
I think it would be cool to come up with an app that did the same exact thing, but had a couple options after identifying the song. The options would be things like a link to buy the CD, a link to buy the song via MP3 to your phone, a link to pull up the song lyrics.

The idea of this app pretty much integrates several different apps which are currently available. Maybe I should send my ideas to one of those developers? Bah...too lazy. Someone take it and make some money with it...

Upvote 0
I appreciate your response! I posted this offer on multiple websites, and I either got no replies, or replies simply asking for more proof of my designs :p I guess most aren't willing to give it a try. Oh well...

As to your app idea, I think it's a great one! If you, or another developer that likes the idea, would like to see some designs I'd be happy to put some together after I know what the app would require. Such as number of pages (layout), buttons, screens, interactive elements, etc...

Maybe you have to be a developer to try to think about better design for apps, I'm sure it's more complicated than I'm making it out to be when you start dealing with a UI, interactive elements, animations, etc... I was just wanting to design some cool stuff and let people use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones