• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Offical Moment Update

Went I the repair center down the street from me. Of course it was a girl that isn't usually there. It took her 20 min to find the email she had seen about it then procceded to tell me that cl14 was the old version and the new version was cl05 that I already had. I wasn't going to argue with her since she was obviously an idiot. ;) I have a few things to do so ill try to find another repair center in my travels. Ill let you know! :)

LOLOL!! Good luck! Hopefully you'll find somewhere where they know what they're talking about. :p

Upvote 0
Update update....The techs arrived and after much searching found the required update software. After the d/l and install they tried 3 times to upgrade the phone but could not get the software to communicate with my phone. They wanted me to leave my phone, but I said I needed it. Instead, they're now trying to update the store model and will call me when successful.
GET THAT SOFTWARE! Tell them you need abackup and hand them a flash drive.. i will pay money for it lol

Upvote 0
Mine is currently at the store after getting into a "heated debate" with the tech who told me he needed to "wipe my phone" for the update. After explaining that he didnt I found out that he hadnt done the update before and I was the first one he was gonna do. Heres the sad part. After 20 minutes of me watching him I went to the window and asked how it was going at which point he says "we're going to have to replace your phone because it wont accept the update. It wont go into update mode." to which my response was....."yeah how bout unplugging it from the USB and then going into download mode buddy". Its updating now but I didnt have time to wait so I'll be going back for it in a little bit.

Shoulda waited for the OTA version......

Upvote 0
The sprint store has my device right now. I'm hagin' in the Panera next door, mooching some WiFi.

They told me I was their first "guinea pig" with this update. They said that they didn't even have the drivers for the Moment loaded on their workstation back in the back yet, so they would have to do that first. Apparently they haven't done much with this phone at this particular repair center.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes OK.

On a side note, the guy that took in my phone turned his monitor around and showed me on the screen some information that stated that this update would be available TOA in the "near future", although, he agreed that "near future" really doesn't tell us much at all.

-SF

Please keep up updated on what they tighten up, ie keyboard lag, and battery level stuff! :cool:

Good luck on the update! :D

Upvote 0
Mine is currently at the store after getting into a "heated debate" with the tech who told me he needed to "wipe my phone" for the update. After explaining that he didnt I found out that he hadnt done the update before and I was the first one he was gonna do. Heres the sad part. After 20 minutes of me watching him I went to the window and asked how it was going at which point he says "we're going to have to replace your phone because it wont accept the update. It wont go into update mode." to which my response was....."yeah how bout unplugging it from the USB and then going into download mode buddy". Its updating now but I didnt have time to wait so I'll be going back for it in a little bit.

Lol that's halarious. I'd be like hand it over, I'll get it into download mode.

Upvote 0

There wont be an OTA version of this update i bet.. there might be an at home version tho..
More then likely they are flashing a recovery kernel into bml8 and putting recovery console onto the phone (we have had it in the custom roms for some time now) this way in the future for OTA updates, you can wipe the phone if the update goes wrong and restart it... This would make sense as to why they are making you go into the store to do it since you can't flash the bml8 partition without odin (or whatever tool they are using)

Upvote 0
Hi:

I called the recommended repair center in San Francisco and they didn't know anything about the update. After a half and hour on the phone with Sprint tech support, the manager got in touch with the store and told the tech what to do. I have an appointment at 5:30 but am not optimistic due to zero preparation by tech support at the local stores and reports of update failures.

If anyone gets their phone updated successfully, let us know.

Thanks,

Tom

Upvote 0
Update update....The techs arrived and after much searching found the required update software. After the d/l and install they tried 3 times to upgrade the phone but could not get the software to communicate with my phone. They wanted me to leave my phone, but I said I needed it. Instead, they're now trying to update the store model and will call me when successful.

Same here

Upvote 0
Hey, numus, isn't this the exact same one zefie released a couple of days ago with his mods?

Specifically: Baseband S:M900.8.0S.CL14, Build number: ZE08.3?
Except zefie isn't using the CL14 SBL, he is usign the CJ05 SBL so we can still flash with Odin 3.98.. if you get sprint to flash your moment, there is a very good chance Odin will no longer be able to flash (aka you will not be able to use a custom kernel/root)

Upvote 0
Just finished calling 5 repair centers around Raleigh NC.
1 "didn't have the proper machine" but said that in a few days I would be able to upgrade over the network.
1 was bullshitting me saying they were "missing the cable that they needed, and they were going to order it"
1 claimed to not have the software at all
1 had been attempting to make the upgrade to the floor model all day with no success
and the last one merely said that they would have the capability on Monday... but to make sure that I called first?
:eek:

Wow... When the update didn't come, all I heard was a resounding "it's not Sprint's fault! it's Samsung's responsibility to get it to work!" and rightfully so... but now Sprint can share the blame.:rolleyes:

Anyone else have a story to share?

Upvote 0
Except zefie isn't using the CL14 SBL, he is usign the CJ05 SBL so we can still flash with Odin 3.98.. if you get sprint to flash your moment, there is a very good chance Odin will no longer be able to flash (aka you will not be able to use a custom kernel/root)

Ahhh....okay. So I'm going to wait until y'all have the newest one up, then.

Upvote 0
I think I just got screwed over by the Sprint people. I show up to pickup my phone and they say they didn't do anything because they needed to hard reset the phone first. So I said ok and I'm not sure exactly what the lady did, but she reset the phone. I ask did you load the update? She wouldn't answer just saying she followed the directions and hard reset the phone and the phone said it was on the latest software.

Knowing that it would be useless fighting with her I just left. Looking at the phone now, it still says: S:M900.8.0S.CJ05 not S:M900.8.0S.CL14 so I guess she didn't do anything but reset the phone.. Pretty sad.. She didn't give a shit about me and the update since there were a bunch of other people in there who wanted to actually BUY phones anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones