Office 2010

Last Updated:

1. sparky6911

sparky6911 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All

Has anyone had any luck getting HTC Sync to work with outlook 2010.
    Just upgraded as needed a new office program and can't get the two to talk, HTC sync does not recognise Outlook as the default mail client.

Any thoughts would be great

Dave

Advertisement
  2. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

It might be that Office 2010 is still in Beta and not a released product, so the HTC Sync software doesn't support it. Most software companies that interface with other software will not support unreleased products. I do remember several software companies stating they would not provide any support for windows 7 until it was released to the general public even though everyone had the beta and release candidate. (Makers of VMWare especially said this)

3. sparky6911

sparky6911 New Member This Topic's Starter

To anyone wishing to use this, use the 32-bit version not the 64-bit and you will be fine.

4. johnmann

johnmann New Member

I have the uninstalled the x64 and installed the x86 version of office 2010 and still cannot get it to Sync. Do I need to recreate my profile to create x86 outlook files, or reinstall the HTC Sync software? I really am getting frustrated with this already. I would think that software companies would be prepared before Microsoft on the entire 64-bit thing.