Office Outlook sync (not corporate email)

Last Updated:

1. fasc-spo

fasc-spo New Member This Topic's Starter

I am using Office 2007 Outlook to pull email from gmail. I want to add personalized ringtones to contacts but can't when syncing with gmail (weird), apparently I can with Outlook if I can figure out how to sync with it. I have a Samsung Fascinate. Any help much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

It really has nothing to do with Outlook, but if you change your GMAIL settings to IMAP instead of POP3, and then do GMAIL on Outlook with IMAP - your GMAIL should be synchronized. Not sure how that would effect contact ringtones.

EDIT: This really has nothing to do with "All Things Root", neither did your contact posting. Try and post these in the Samsung Fascinate "General Forum"

fasc-spo likes this.
  3. merlbu815

merlbu815 New Member

Thank you for your response above. I am not using gmail, I am using another Pop3, I really need to my outlook and my fascinate calendars and contacts to be the same. I also need this fascinate to accept appointments sent to me from other outlook users. Can you point me in the right direction?

4. merlbu815

merlbu815 New Member

I am using Outlook on my laptop, I needed my Droid to share my calendar and contacts. I found "CompanionLink" for Outlook. This program allows you to sync via USB, Google, and or Local WiFi... It also has auto schedule. It works perfectly.