Office Suite "No Supported Files" Help PlsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Pirandez

Pirandez New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi fellows,

I bought X10 Android 1.6 just a day ago, but since then I am struggling to make the Office Suite working. It is not showing any files on the SD - I can browse any folder but always get the msg "no supported files".

When I connect the phone to my PC I can see the files are there and I can manage them.

Does anybody had the same issue?
    Is upgrading to Android 2.x helps?

Are there any known issues upgrading the Android? I still don`t have any info on the phone that I care about.

Advertisement
  2. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you can't upgrade Android yet, until SE release the Android update, which should be late Q3. Even rooting won't allow you to upgrade the Android version yet.
    I personally haven't used OfficeSuite, so I can't confirm or test as I dont have any files to use but, I know others have used it no problems. Apart from when trying to read PDF. What format are the files you're trying to view?

3. Pirandez

Bexy many thanks for the info about the upgrade,

I can see JPEG file in folder bluetooth on SD or *.mp3 in Audio when my phone is connected PC, using Media go, but not from the X10 itself.

As I have only Office Suite, I am not able to browse the content of my SD card from my phone.

Files are there, but not shown - "No supported files"

Annoying... :confused:

4. niles

niles Active Member

Office suite is mainly used to view microsoft word, excel, powerpoint, pdf, etc files. You basically put a word document on your sd card and office suite should pick it up, and you can view it.

5. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

The office suite is used for word/excel and pdf's etc
    I use mine to view my rota from work and fixtures for my football team.

If your wanting to view jpg's mp3's you could either use the built in Mediascape, or, A free File Manager, the best in my opinion being Astro (available from the market ASTRO File Manager | AndroidApplications.com )
    it has its own file viewer built in, allows you to see files on the phone or sd. Also if you want files to be hidden, add a . to the folder name
    i.e .hidden

Hope that helps

6. Pirandez

Thanks Wynney, that puts light on the "issue". I am too new to X10, coming from symbian and still feeling lost :)

Thank you!

P.S
    I am currently trying to find what I can do with an empty folder I have created on the desktop. I am not able to delete/rename/move anything inside :)
    I guess it will take some time to figure out how to play with the new toy

7. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

Hi, No worries mate,
    i too came from Symbian and at first i wasnt sure, couldnt go back now :D

as for your folder
    If you long press the folder, you should get some options, one of which being Delete.
    :)

8. joburg1912

joburg1912 New Member

i m facing the same problem since i bought cant create doc. modify etc