• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [OFFICIAL] 2.2 ota is live for evo

This worked for me. Nothing else did. It got rid of my SuperUser Permissions: Easy. Thank you, Pojoman and member who posted this. I'm very grateful. Hopefully , I'll get 4G service now.

For those that used Unrevoked3 with 2.1 and can't get the OTA install to work, try this one from Pojoman at xda:

Pojoman vs. HTC - The race of the "delayed" 2.2 software fix. - xda-developers

Cliff notes version:
YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA ON THE PHONE (not the SD card, just the internal phone memory), this is a wipe of your phone.

Download: RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.26.651.6_Radio_2.15.00.07.28_NV_1.40_release_140444_signed.exe (note: it is 193 MB (202,577,431 bytes))

1. Install HTCSync
2. Press down and power simultaneously, and go to the bootloader
3. Allow the hboot to run.
4. Connect the usb (note: make sure you allowed for usb debugging prior to loading bootloader)
5. Press fastboot (Using the power button as select) and it will change to Fastboot usb
6. Run the .exe from your computer.
7.Thank Pojoman and all those who talked him through the day while waiting for this fix.

Took me about 15 min, but worked. Updated to 2.2 on a previously 2.1 running Unrevoked3. you WILL lose superuser/root.

Hope this helps some of you stuck at the <!> point. Remember to thank Pojoman for his work getting this one.

This worked for me. Nothing else did. It got rid of my SuperUser Permissions: Easy. Thank you, Pojoman and member who posted this. I'm very grateful. Hopefully , I'll get 4G service now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones