• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Official 2.2 SBF Update Thread::.

No, it's the /system only .SBF

It's for people who got bricked doing the OTA and have not already tried the 2.1.

It's also useful if you try something like deodexing the OTA to theme it and mess up, or if you removed some bloat you're not supposed to.

AFAIK, right now, there is no full 2.2 SBF, so those who tried the 2.1 SBF are still SOL.

hey fab, have you confirmed if all is well with your most recent nextheme on a deodexed OTA 2.2?

Upvote 0
Question:
After doing the new OTA 2.2 then Root.
Would it be safe to run any Roms? I know users have talked about running Roms on a Leaked 2.2, but what about OTA 2.2 that just came out?

Just thinking about 2.2 plus Rom manager has a sweet black status bar mod that was metioned earlier.

Before my OTA I had my X all tweaked in and out. Now its a Brickkkkkkk.:eek:

I dont wanna do any flashes,updates, anything having to do with coding until I know there is a backup. When I get backed updated 2.2.

Upvote 0
No, it's the /system only .SBF

It's for people who got bricked doing the OTA and have not already tried the 2.1.

It's also useful if you try something like deodexing the OTA to theme it and mess up, or if you removed some bloat you're not supposed to.

AFAIK, right now, there is no full 2.2 SBF, so those who tried the 2.1 SBF are still SOL.

Hey, if you have a link to this that will help some members, please feel free to add it to my main post.

I looked through rootzwiki, but I couldn't find it.

Upvote 0

Ok, so I'm having no luck here!

I'm running leak 2.3.9 on my unrooted Droid X.

I used a simple update.zip file which I copied on to my SD card.
Then I pressed Power & Home keys together, then Search key to get to Bootloader.
Then Vol down to select update.zip.
Then Camera button to start install .... EASY!

Now, I just want to be able to do the same to get the 2.3.15 update.
Is there not a simple update.zip file I can use, instead of RSD Lite back to 2.1 then 2.2 OTA?

Thank you

Upvote 0
hmmmm.....Monday 9/27 no 2.2 SBF to download :( but I get my replacement today :D

Now the other questions is:
How long can I hold my bricked phone to see if an 2.2 SBF will come out before i have to send it back. (i think 30 days)

So....when I get my phone today. Only thing that is going to happen is ROOT. Until...the ROMS and Hacks get official and I can do a full backup.

Thanks again for everybodys feedback...I wish I knew more myself.

Upvote 0
I went to the Verizon Store - Service Center. They took my phone back to the back for a few minutes, came back and said we will have to order a replacement. It will be here today. So....10 days huh.....hmmmmm. Wonder if 2.2 SBF will be out by then!?!?! I really want get my old one back up and running, so i can run some tests on it.

Upvote 0
I finally decided to call Verizon to get my replacement for my brick. It was super easy - really no questions asked.

The tech said I have 10 days to return my bricked phone once I receive my replacement.

Did they tell you they are going to charge you on your phone bill? (if you put it on a CC you will have to pay interest on it see why later in post) And then did they tell you it will take 2 to 3 billing cycles for them to credit your accounts back after they receive the phone? Did they tell you you have to call the collections department after the due date to make sure they don't send you to collections? I have to call every month now to get my real balance and then after the due date + a week call the financial department to make sure I don't get my credit dinged.
Total BS. And the first thing out of their mouth when you call is "are you going to make a payment today" Me: no "Can you pay any amount today" Me:NO then I have to tell them to read my account notes. EVERY month until it's credited back. :mad:

Seriously they have no good system in place for returns and it takes them forever to credit the phone back to you. So Make sure you save all the tracking info. It s big PIA.

Seriously Verizon this is a BS return system.

Upvote 0
That is very odd. I've done this process before with my Tour and didn't have any additional charges or issues.

Now I'm doing it once again for my Droid X. :|

I like the phone, but for it to botch up like this due to an official update is annoying.

What I find odd is no one else as had this done? any one else have this? It makes sense they do as its a way to ensure you return the other phone. But they were very clear about the charges, and my three choices I had, just not the time it would take to credit the account back. Now I have a 408.00 bill each month.

*** Update** I just checked my bill and they are demanding payment now. Guess I better call them GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones