• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official 2.2 update bombs

I've tried this three times and still can't get it to work. I have the 2.2 Froyo update from Acer for Rogers and followed the SD update instructions, but it fails very quickly without an error message, Android the guy and a triangle with an exclamation point in it. This comes up after a graphic and progress bar that stops after about 25%.

Anyone had this problem? I've tried formatting the card, resetting the phone to factory defaults ... I'm at a loss.:thinking:

Happened to me too. Escept After my progress bar got around 25% the Phone shut off then on, then stayed at the boot logo for about 5 minutes then the mail light started strobing then it shut off then on then the screen had random colors then it shut off then on then the prgroess bar appeared again and finished, then it rebooted into 2.2 . All that took around 25 minutes.

So the point is: It tends to do some really weird shit while updating. Just give it time, and make sure your files are both in the root of the SD and not corrupt. Try to open update.zip in an archive manager see if it opens.

Good Luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones