Official 4G/WiMAX Coverage Areas

Last Updated: 2012-04-21 03:13:17
  1. hurdlinmasta

hurdlinmasta Member

Im at Long Beach next to Long Beach State and I have 2 bars of 4G at my house.

Advertisement
  2. gskbrew

gskbrew New Member

I just picked up one bar of 4G at Colony Park in Anaheim (just east of Lincoln and Anaheim Blvd).
  3. BigPapaBang

BigPapaBang Active Member

3 bars of 4G in Buena Park at Pink's in front of Knott's Berry Farm. 4.32mb down, .98 up. Like like it's pretty constant no matter how many bars you're getting. For me anyways. Also, no 4G anywhere in Disneyland....
  4. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Sorry to ruin your expectations, but Sprint states that south O.C. is not slated for coverage in 2010. Maybe that will change, but this is what Sprint said in this article:

Sprint takes lead to get 4G wireless Internet to O.C. - The Gadgetress : The Orange County Register
  5. unplugged1

I always thought Long Beach should be a part of OC. :)
  6. unplugged1

Ha, ha. That would be humorous if Sprint placed 4G dependent on locations of the Sprint store.

Actually, you might not be TOO far off. I imagine the reason Irvine is included in the LA market roll out is because the Western regional headquarters for Sprint is in Irvine, between Jamboree and Culver at the 5.
  7. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Inland Empire is much more important than Orange County! They should focus 4g efforts there since people in the I.E. aren't fake and they actually matter...

JK everyone, just a joke I love OC =P
  8. palmgoog

palmgoog Well-Known Member

Hey! I'm as real as it gets buddy! OC native since Birth! lol. jk. I hope sprint rolls ou 4g to All of L.A.'s surrounding areas
  9. nake4

nake4 Member

Im off knott right behind the 22 freeway in GG, not 4g here
  10. unplugged1

I thought the Inland Empire was somewhere outside of New York. You know, the "Empire State." I guess it actually must mean that it is REALLY INLAND from the cool coast....
  11. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

:(
  12. unplugged1

Actually, my folks and sister live in Murrieta. (Is that part of the Empire?)

In any case, I checked Clear tower locations out there and there aren't any listings. Hopefully, it will roll out in 2011.
  13. MinimalistChris

MinimalistChris Active Member

I live in Fullerton/Buena Park, and got a VERY strong 4G signal. I'm near the Fullerton airport/Metrolink station.

I only did one test late at night and got 5.6 Mb/s. Loving it!
  14. BigPapaBang

BigPapaBang Active Member

1 bar inside Target off of Beach and Orangethorpe...
  15. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

They wanna concentrate their efforts first in places where so many people haven't defaulted on their mortgages ...! :D
  16. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Ya but I be able to pay mah Sprint bill by tradin mah foo stamps fo some cash yo! ;)
  17. shink188

shink188 Member

i got u beat....obama payed for for my Evo and my sprint bill .....can u say free unenployment checks?
  18. end

end Member

Funny to see the irvine people here... i'm near culver and irvine blvd.
  19. ep3n3wp

ep3n3wp Well-Known Member

Well almost have 4g here in costa mesa...
    Off baker and 55 fwy...
    When I turn on 4g it stats scanning then says connected,
    Then in notification bar it says 4g network available,
    Then after about 10 seconds reverts back to scanning
    So close!! Come on sprint!!!!
  20. ep3n3wp

Well almost have 4g here in costa mesa...
    Off baker and 55 fwy...
    When I turn on 4g it stats scanning then says connected,
    Then in notification bar it says 4g network available,
    Then after about 10 seconds reverts back to scanning
    So close!! Come on sprint!!!!
  21. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed that yesterday too since I get off at that Baker exit to get to work sometimes. I wonder if that office complex at the corner of the on-ramp to 55N/405S has 4G... I'll go see when I stop by my other office.
  22. ep3n3wp

I was starting to think maybe the tower is at time warner but when driving closer to there I got nothing.
    I'm actually on paularino right next to 55 get exit.. I think it is either at south coast plaza or the performing arts area.. Oh will I just want my 4g now lol
  23. ep3n3wp

Can some one do me a favor and post a pic of the clear wire map for orange county with towers and future towers and coverage for dom reason when I try to view it...it never works!!!
    Thanks in advance!
    Ps
    connected to 4g for almost 2 mins then disconnect..
  24. gnarlyDUCK

gnarlyDUCK Well-Known Member

Installing now.
  25. verizyou

verizyou Well-Known Member

I'm out of town right now and I want to know if anyone is picking up 4G service in south OC cities (particularly Laguna Beach)? Much appreciated.