• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.:Official Accessories Thread:.

NightAngel79

Mandalorian
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Northern Ky
Hi fellow future Rezound owners! (and current ones:))

Would like to see all the accessories that everyone finds on the internet posted here, to be discussed and to just make everyone aware of them.

Any/all existing accessories threads will stay open for if people want to discuss a specific accessory. If you want to start a thread about one then please do, but also post a link to any new accessory in here (or hit me up with a link)

We can use this thread to discuss any accessories that we want but I will try my best to keep the OP updated as more stuff is found. This is to benefit any newcomers and/or anyone else that just wants quick access to what is available.

Thanks to everyone for helping out so far.

Available Accessories

Charm review

Accessories Home Page HTCPedia

Accessories Overview

Cases for Rezound

Extended Battery

Wireless Battery Cover

Zagg HTC Rezound Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

Here is an inexpensive MHL adapter:

For only $11.90 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter - Black | MHL Adapters

i would actually just really like to know when i will be able to get some accessories at all. nothing is in stock yet, doesn't look like they have anything on the actual verizon site. i got my rezound on friday (one of the lucky few to convince verizon to put in the order last week). the charger they give you has a very short cord. the plug is different than the incredible, although my incredible chargers seem to work with it. i need to figure out what type of plug to use...anyone know? i didn't bring it to work, so i don't remember what it said on the cord's tag.

i would really, really like a case that has a kickstand. nothing available yet. i guess this is the curse of the early adopter, and i should really stop complaining. ;)

Upvote 0
i would actually just really like to know when i will be able to get some accessories at all. nothing is in stock yet, doesn't look like they have anything on the actual verizon site. i got my rezound on friday (one of the lucky few to convince verizon to put in the order last week). the charger they give you has a very short cord. the plug is different than the incredible, although my incredible chargers seem to work with it. i need to figure out what type of plug to use...anyone know? i didn't bring it to work, so i don't remember what it said on the cord's tag.

i would really, really like a case that has a kickstand. nothing available yet. i guess this is the curse of the early adopter, and i should really stop complaining. ;)

I also received mine on Friday. I was hoping for the case with the kickstand would be online as well. Haven't seen it yet though. I can buy it from htcpedia but I get a discount through verizon if they have the same thing.

I am also somewhat kicking myself now for getting it early. I think it cost me an extra $50 because I did so. Looks like if I had waited till today and bought it online, I could have gotten it for $249. Oh well...no biggie I suppose! LOL

Upvote 0
I also received mine on Friday. I was hoping for the case with the kickstand would be online as well. Haven't seen it yet though. I can buy it from htcpedia but I get a discount through verizon if they have the same thing.

I am also somewhat kicking myself now for getting it early. I think it cost me an extra $50 because I did so. Looks like if I had waited till today and bought it online, I could have gotten it for $249. Oh well...no biggie I suppose! LOL

i got my $50 loyalty credit over the phone last week. i got it for $249. wouldn't they let you do it over the phone?

Upvote 0
Amazon has some stuff showing available but it is a little more expensive than htcpedia

Will add some links when I get home with my phone.

i ordered a gel case last week and got it friday, it came with a regular screen protector. i also ordered a skinomi that is supposed to get to me end of this week. but i didn't see any kickstand style cases on amazon. i was hoping some stuff would hit today when the phone did, but i can't really find anything, and the htc pedia stuff is all out of stock still. boo.

hell, i'm still trying to figure out what type of charger to buy. there's nothing official and it looks like the plug is larger than the inc's. ideas?

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
i ordered a gel case last week and got it friday, it came with a regular screen protector. i also ordered a skinomi that is supposed to get to me end of this week. but i didn't see any kickstand style cases on amazon. i was hoping some stuff would hit today when the phone did, but i can't really find anything, and the htc pedia stuff is all out of stock still. boo.

hell, i'm still trying to figure out what type of charger to buy. there's nothing official and it looks like the plug is larger than the inc's. ideas?

It should 100% be the same charger/plug

Upvote 0
It should 100% be the same charger/plug

do you have a rezound? do you see how the plug and the charger cable end are larger than the incredible's plug/cable? i understand that the old charger cable fits into there, but the hole is large, it has two little indents, and the cable plug that comes with the phone is not the same as the inc's. it's larger, has those two little pop ups. i'm glad that the chargers are compatible, but i'm assuming there is a reason for the larger cable thing. thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
here is info on the charging cable, by way of the cradle:

Hands-on the official HTC Rezound dock

"As you can see, the plug on the USB cable is not a standard micro-USB plug, but an ExtMicro-USB plug. It is designed to be used with the HTC Rezound (since the phone has the same charging port) and this docking station."

so i guess i need an ExtMicro-USB cord?

Upvote 0

"As you can see, the plug on the USB cable is not a standard micro-USB plug, but an ExtMicro-USB plug. It is designed to be used with the HTC Rezound (since the phone has the same charging port) and this docking station."

Good question. I would guess a regular one would work still. I will have mine as soon as I get off though

Upvote 0

I answered this in the thread you started, but they are correct that it is an EXTMirco-usb port on the phone and connector on the cable. The nice thing about EXTMicro-usb ports (on the phone itself) is that they will accept either a EXTMicro-usb connector or a standard micro-usb connector. The original Droid Incredible had the same EXTMicro-usb port on it, but the charging cable was a standard micro-usb. The tv-out cable for the Droid Incredible has a EXTMicro-usb connector on it also.

What you need to take from this is that the charging cable that came from the Rezound will work on it and should also work on the original Droid Incredible, but not on any other phone unless they also have the EXTMicro-usb port on them (as far as I recall, those 2 are the only phones that have that port). But if you want to charge the phone or hook it to your computer to charge or transfer files, any standard micro-usb cable will work also.

I plan to call HTC today and see if the tv-out cable for the original Droid Incredible will also work on the Rezound. That way I have the ability to hook the Rezound up to either an older tv (with RCA a/v jacks), and when I get the MHL adaptor to an HDTV through the HDMI port. I'll post when I find out.

UPDATE: They haven't tested it yet but didn't think that there would be a problem trying it out since it's low power and an output from the phone. So when I get mine I'll give it a try.

UPDATE 2: Appartently the EVO View4G also has an EXTMicro-usb port on it.

Upvote 0
i got my $50 loyalty credit over the phone last week. i got it for $249. wouldn't they let you do it over the phone?

It is not my loyalty credit, I was not eligible for that till February 2012 and they wouldn't move it up. It looks like online there is a $50 credit, and the price is $249.00.

I just looked just now, price I'm getting at 12:30pm is $269.00. Price I got at 4:00am was $249.00. That is my upgrade or add a line pricing. And of course, I can't upgrade, cuz I already did! and it cost me $299 + $20 for upgrade fee which they wouldn't wave.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
no way it could be as nice as a good screenie

I bought some screen protectors for my Thunderbolt but I never did like how they hindered screen performance. I used Verizon's screen protectors, some I bought from E-bay. I just never got my hands on any that made using the phone easy while protecting the screen and making it easy to read the screen in the sun. I even used matte finished screen protectors. I've had my Thunderbolt naked ever since, except for the hard case holster.

Upvote 0
I won't judge if you guys get this, but I'll have to confiscate your mancard! :p

HTC Rhyme Charm Call Indicator ID C100 (with 3.5mm Jack) #99H10390-00 - Expansys USA

htc-rhyme-charm-call-indicator-with-3-5mm-jack-id-c100.jpg

Upvote 0
Version has a killer looking otterbox case for 50 bucks, has a screen protector built in apparently....

You don't want that. My girfriend has this Otterbox style on her i thingy. It's impossible to completely get the screen protector to lay flat and get all the air bubbles out. It then creates a barrier that blocks some of the screen's resolution out. I've tried to get her to let me cut the screen protector off, since she's insistent on keeping the case...but she refuses. Iphone users....I don't get them.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
You don't want that. My girfriend has this Otterbox style on her i thingy. It's impossible to completely get the screen protector to lay flat and get all the air bubbles out. It then creates a barrier that blocks some of the screen's resolution out. I've tried to get her to let me cut the screen protector off, since she's insistent on keeping the case...but she refuses. Iphone users....I don't get them.

That was my thought also. I want to see screen, may go with the other otterbox they have online, the commuter. Def don't like the built in one. Looks cheap as hell

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones