[Official] Accessory ThreadAccessories

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

We expected to see minimal keyboards such as Minuum for smart watches with square dsplays, but what about smartwatches like the Moto 360 that has a circular display? Thankfully you guys have not been forgotten.

More...

Advertisement
  2. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Outatime likes this.
  3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

This has reinvigorated my excitement :D
  4. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

The more I hear of the Moto 360, the happier I am that I didn't get impatient and buy the Gear or G watches.
  5. Mittar

Mittar Well-Known Member

6. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

It does look ridiculously huge. I have tiny girly wrists, being a girl and all, and that would look just too ridiculous, being ridiculously huge and all :rolleyes:
  7. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Qi wireless charging is one of the big reasons the 360 is still likely my watch of choice, over the G Watch R.
  8. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 On Probation

I received my Moto 360 metal band today. I was elated like a school girl. After the lady at Zales put on the band I thought that the band looked amazing for the $80 I paid for it. Glad I was patient and waited for an official band.
  9. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

I was wondering, if the OEM watch band doesn't fit (I have big wrists), can I just use a watch band from another 23mm watch? Would it fit? Do I need any adaptors? Does Moto offer additional watch links for free or sale? My watch should arrive on Wed.

Appreciate the help!!
  10. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member Contributor

I have the metal version of the band, the watch came with a nice sized band (I did not need to adjust it at all - and I do not have dainty wrists) and I believe 4 extra links. I think you'll be good. If not I am certain Moto would be happy to sell you additional links, just give em a ring.
    SAL8116 likes this.
  11. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

I did/do need a few links which Motorola was able to provide. Putting them on today.

Thank you!!
  12. Sovby

Sovby Well-Known Member

13. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

I currently picked up one of the $5 pucks and a 3k/mah (motoroloas oddly enough, not that it mattered who made it, it was $9 on ebay) and going to try that as a cheap emergency solution. The puck already came and it was one of the new versions that don't beep. It worked although it did seem to have an on/off issue one time at full charge (i am testing using a chord atm, the battery is not here yet). It does seem to charge pretty slow on the puck but that may just be because the leather strap makes it hard for it to lay flat, there was always a gap under one side.

It may be worth it to combine a battery charger with another moto 360 dock.

Edit: So the battery pack arrived today. This is what I got "http://www.ebay.com/itm/141644560432". Again I didn't get it because it was made by motorola, it just happened to be cheap and had the micro usb connection built in while holding more then enough charge to recharge the 320maH battery in the watch.

The QI puck I got was "http://www.ebay.com/itm/311337523482".

Unfortunatly the puck was very moody. When I hooked up the mostly charged battery pack too it and laid the watch flat on it, it charged the watch quickly from %60 to %86. However it then proceeded to stop charging with a red light (which means it is ready to connect with a device).. it would start charging for a second and then shut down (The battery pack has a soft on/off mode). After being unable to get it to charge over %86 I plugged the battery into the moto 360 station and it has no problem.

This could be because the QI puck requires 1.5amps and the battery is rated 1.0, but a lot of batteries are rated 1a and it seems like a damn nice one, so I think I am going to pick up an extra cradle for portable use and bin this puck.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015