OFFICIAL Android Feature Wishlist Thread

Last Updated:

1. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Well-Known Member

Definitely this^^, you would have thought with YouTube being a Google product now this would be an app feature, would be nice to be able to have the app keep playing in the background while doing other things on the phone, like having YouTube playing playlist or something on the computer and working away in another tab/programme.

Advertisement
    Sunil Guta likes this.
  2. GreenDino

GreenDino Well-Known Member

I would love to have a slide up bar, like the iPhone. The one that has flashlight, calculator, etc. It would really come in handy

Sunil Guta likes this.
  3. Sunil Guta

Sunil Guta Member

It was great information about android app for everyone...Thanks for share news

4. staypuft1652

staypuft1652 Active Member

Not sure if its been mentioned yet or not, but it would be nice to have a media volume slider in all iterations of android, not just some, or custom roms, but a slider in the notification drawer, or even a stock widget would be awesome. And as stated previously, since the trend for carriers may possibly be to make it incredibly difficult to root their handsets, being able to uninstall, or at least disable all bloatware type apps, basically anything that can safely be removed. I dont believe being forced to live with amazon, verizon, samsung, dropbox type apps will ever convince me to use them or subscribe to them.

5. icyshogun

icyshogun New Member

Android flaghship devices with removable batteries.

notacoach and staypuft1652 like this.
  6. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Well-Known Member

and expandable memory. Although having removable battery also stops the likelihood of waterproof phone. Maybe a gimmick to some but a pretty good feature to me, every little helps in protection.

staypuft1652 and Thom like this.
  7. tma

tma Active Member

I'd like text to speech to work in Chrome. Having articles read to me while I'm driving would be awesome. If this functionality is out there already I can't find it.

notacoach likes this.
  8. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Take a look at Tasker.

... Thom

9. Jhayzone

Jhayzone Well-Known Member

A standard of 5000-6000mah battery and manufacturers getting rid of the slim is good motto. I just hate having slim phone for some reason maybe it really is not my taste but I also don't understand why people like having slim phone. My phone that carries a 4000mah battery(even though I love it very much) is still way too slim to my liking since its 0.9 cm that is why I put it on an armor case. I want my phone looking like a sturdy piece of device.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  10. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

How long does a charge have to last? 48 hours works for me with a slim phone and a 3000mah battery.

... Thom

11. Jhayzone

Jhayzone Well-Known Member

A week was a norm on my XpressMusic days so it will be really great if I can get back on that but my phone right now last for about 2-3 days of browsing, music, gaming and fb since I have an average of 9-10 of SOT(right now my phone is currently 23% with already 7 hours and 30 minutes of SOT and WIFI at 11 hours and 15 minutes) and 4-5 days if I really can't be bothered charging. Even though those are very sweet numbers if we can pack more just like ZeroLemon's 10000 mah battery for note 4 I can't see why we can't push the norm higher.

12. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

Try this app.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hyperionics.avar
    You activate it from the share menu of your browser and the app opens your webpage with playback controls (pause/play/stop). Works better with some sites than others, sometimes the format of the page prevents the app from reading correctly. Also sometimes the app reads the fine print at top/button of the page that you're not interested in. Not perfect, but pretty good.

13. loadeddiapers

loadeddiapers New Member

Better separation of Google Account in Playstore and to everything else (contacts, drive, etc)

14. Ajinkyag911

Ajinkyag911 New Member

Nice post

15. madrussian

madrussian New Member

Option to remove or recolor the texts and widgets on lockscreen.
    [​IMG]
    I'm using a "blank widget" to remove the clock widget. It's annoying that there MUST be a widget there. Removing those texts would be cool too. Or even better, change their color. I saw a few people who managed this, but they messed around with some deep stuff, which I dont want to get involved in.

16. The Roid

The Roid Member

1. Flash support
    2. Ability to delete bloatware
    3. Built-in Keep and File Explorer

17. JoshsUniqueUsername

JoshsUniqueUsername Member

I want to see a flip phone but they are both touchscreens, so like two phones glued to a hinge

18. CenturionB

CenturionB Well-Known Member

typical engineering solution

19. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby VIP Member VIP Member

Holograms. I want hologram messaging.