1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

OFFICIAL Android Feature Wishlist Thread

1. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

2. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Its bad for you :p

I'd recommended Watchdog lite (from Market) for task management
  3. What I would really like is a "Guest Account" / "Guest Mode".

You could then safely lend your Android tablet (or phone) to a guest, and he can make calls, use the browser, take pictures using the camera, play games etc.

But the guest can not view your personal data, your address book, call history, your photos, your browser history, etc.
    techlearn likes this.
  4. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

What i want is: A version of the market with all of the garbage (thousands of crappy themed clocks, wallpapers, and assorted drivel) filtered out.

Oh, one other minor thing. The way widgets are handled: some widgets have half a dozen (or more) sizes, do they all need to be listed individually? Can't we pick the widget from a list and *then* pick the size?
    apiapi likes this.
  5. apiapi

apiapi New Member

Hi all,

I'm on Ginger Bread now, my wishes:
    1. When searching in contacts (people), please confine search within the content in contacts only, not the whole phone including dictionary words.

2. Allow to view contact address without having to connect to GPS.
  6. ElasticNinja

A lot of custom ROMs have that feature enabled
  7. rzozaya1969

rzozaya1969 Well-Known Member

Easy... an app to read this forums and others that use the same software (like mtbforums.com)...
  8. ElasticNinja

This forum has the Phandroid app, other forums have Tapatalk app support
  9. rzozaya1969

rzozaya1969 Well-Known Member

Shadow.. thanks :) This is what happens when I just ass-ume something... tsk tsk tsk... thanks for pointing in the right direction :)
  10. ElasticNinja

No problem mate :)
  11. Caper_jmo

Caper_jmo New Member

I am shocked that these are not in the builds already:
    • Better Proxy support
    • Extended Language support
    • abilty to add notification sounds for emails marked important/filters
  12. ElasticNinja

CM has excellent language support
    I get notified for my priority inbox but nothing else
  13. sethman88

sethman88 Well-Known Member

you can download an app like audio manager also known now as hide it pro it acts like a vault where you can hide pictures and videos among other things but it also has sepperate volume adjusting settings for everything including alarm clock
  14. landovr

landovr Well-Known Member

I would love to have a phone with a built in fm transmitter for listening to music from my android in my car.
  15. myanmar

myanmar New Member

Hi, I'm new to android, but i use android 2.21 in my huawei phone c8500. But when i use wifi hotspot function, the receivers got wifi connection but no internet access inspite of opening data connection in my phone. Can anyone help me with this wireless sharing problem? Please
  16. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

I would dearly love to actually be able to use the categories in Google contacts. The contact/phone apps aren't able to see them or use them it seems, that all has to be done on Google from a desktop. Why on earth isn't that basic functionality built into Android?
  17. springy

springy Well-Known Member

Back up app data
    At the moment there is no way to backup the data that is stored on your device. So if you do a factor reset you will lose the data for the apps. (Non-Rooted device). So a service to backup all app data to the cloud/sd card is needed (remove the security for this). Also I don't like the backup API that google has for apps.

Improve Google Docs
    Improve google docs that allows you to sync all data stored on your phone with the cloud. At the moment everything is accessible through the cloud. Need an option offline option and also to sync up when on Data or Wifi connection is enable.

Improve Web Browser
    It is good, but need tab browsing and apps. Should really be Google Chrome, but that won't happen because off Chrome OS.

Hardware Acceleration
    Will come in Ice Cream Sandwich (in Honeycomb)

Integrate Gmail app with Email App
    The email app sucks. If you want to make your phone good for business, then this needs to be implemented. Features from email apps like Touchdown should be available by default.

Remote Wipe
    This should be available for all devices and managed via a new online google android dashboard.

Google version of Whatsapp/iMessage/BBM
    Self explanatory here. Make it cross platform, and dare I say add a little bit of social networking within it. This is the game changer and done properly could make google powerful not only in cross platform communication but a competitor with fb and twitter. Could also use latitude within this as well.
    jayefef likes this.
  18. ElasticNinja

The web browser has tabbed browsing and uses Chromes Latest engine
  19. jennifer.k89

jennifer.k89 New Member

i am so confused right now, my sony ericsson x 10 wont charge all the way plugged into the wall it charges up to like 93 - 94%, i charge it every night and i dont know what to do!! HELP anyone polease and thanks! :)
  20. ElasticNinja

It only charges up ~90% of the battery to preserve the batteries longetivity :)
  21. springy

springy Well-Known Member

What I should say is have tabs along the top, not by pinching out or by clicking menu and selecting windows

And I don't think it uses chrome latest engine. Chrome was updated to version 12 a few weeks back and have a 6 weeks release. Gingerbread was released last year, and from what I know the internet web browser has not been decoupled yet from the OS releases ala Gmail app.
  22. ElasticNinja

I don't know, but my browser has the V8 JavaScript engine and some other bits
    I don't use the browser because of the crappy tabs, BTW
  23. rscarawa

rscarawa Well-Known Member

I have a nexus 4g and I like the ability to share my contacts individually with other devices. Problem is when you xfer a contact, you send all the contact's data. I wish you could elect to send only parts of their contact data like only name and work address, or name and home address. Some info may not be appropriate for a business contact to have and I would like to control what I send.

Scot
  24. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Well-Known Member

Is like a native file manager. I still haven't found a good way to search for pics In my gallery by name.